Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not so lite?

Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    There's some info on Symantecs site .

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...gainbuddy.html

Its NOT Bargain Buddy, its just called Bargain.

Adaware crashes while scanning, Spybot shows clean and so does AVG. They are in my task Manager and when i click to close them nothing happens.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Its NOT Bargain Buddy, its just called Bargain.

Adaware crashes while scanning, Spybot shows clean and so does AVG. They are in my task Manager and when i click to close them nothing happens.

As I said it comes in many names . Found this :

You need to go into task manager (ctrl alt del) and have the services tab open. Open up your my computer, c:\, program files and you will see the bullseye network folder there. Have it close to your task manager so you can delete it fast! Go into your task manager and stop any bargains.exe services and IMMEDIATELY click over and delete the bullseye network folder. Then scan your pc for these files in your winnt folder: exdl.exe, exdl0.exe, exdl1.exe, exul.exe,exul1.exe and delete them all. Run ad-aware (www.ad-aware.com) and spybot search and destroy (search google..forget the site to download this from) and also run Hijack this (awesome program). This should remove all your spyware. Helps to boot into safe mode after installing these programs (plain safe mode without networking) and run all 3 programs to get rid of everything. Bullseye is the most reoccuring pos I've ever seen. Wish they could hang these people for the time I've spent cleaning them off my pc.

Link: http://ask-leo.com/whats_bullseye_network.html

Man I love this quote : These stupid files propogate like a virus and the arsewipes who make these intrusive spyware should be taking in the back alley with no vaseline!
    This is better ! Those *uckers should be shot and thrown off a cliff. My family computer is slower than a crippled 95 year old trying to shit.
    Last edited by peat moss; 01-23-2005 at 08:19 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    i installed exeem yesterday and found it to be shite then uninstalled.

i just scanned with microsoft antispyware and it found cydoor/adcache.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco_2004
    i installed exeem yesterday and found it to be shite then uninstalled.

i just scanned with microsoft antispyware and it found cydoor/adcache.

Anouther vote for Giant . I tell you, that Spybot has to go .

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Peerzy don't let the Beta tag scare you !
    Last edited by peat moss; 01-23-2005 at 08:27 PM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    I tell you, that Spybot has to go .
    grrrrrr........been tryin to tell ppl that......
    hell, maybe they'll listen to you peat

peerzy...i'm not too sure, but...
    two instances of rundll.exe dont look good, check into that
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\RUNDLL32.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\RunDll32.exe
    (the first one looks legit, but i could be wrong)
    and that exe file runnin from your temp folder
    C:\temp\salm.exe
    matter of fact, heres a search result on salm.exe:
    http://www.pestpatrol.com/pestinfo/o...0solutions.asp
    http://www.iamnotageek.com/a/salm.exe.php

fuck it....time for safe mode
    Last edited by FKDUP74; 01-24-2005 at 06:28 AM.
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Thing is I installed it also for a test but on my VM, wtf is wrong with you guys...

Oh yeah and it sux so far as I could tell and couldnt connect although it may grow.

Anyway I think your due for safe mode although Ide suggest perhaps disabling all startup items before you reboot perhaps.
    Last edited by RealitY; 01-24-2005 at 06:28 AM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    Thing is I installed it also for a test but on my VM, wtf is wrong with you guys...
    I don't have enough space for a seperate windows/other OS install.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    nsane's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY

Oh yeah and it sux so far as I could tell and couldnt connect although it may grow.

Anyway I think your due for safe mode although Ide suggest perhaps disabling all startup items before you reboot perhaps.
    yeah, they only have one server for bootstrapping nodes off, it goes down alot. i don't see why people complain about this either, imesh has a central server for nodes

i've quit making the install for exlite, didn't realize who that fuck wad was making it, mr. torrentp2p / kceasy rippoff, thanx to lite on informing me of this. but, i found there isn't really a reson to install exlite. if you go through the install script, i decompiled it, i found that it creates a registry key that tells it to redownload cydoor

HKCU\Software\Exeem\looksmart - simply delete that registry key and exeem will no longer run anything cydoor. if you chose not to install the toolbar your cool, but if you installed it once, you screwed. because the uninstall doesn't delete the value. meaning, if you uninstall, reinstall, don't install toolbar, exeem will redownload it because the dword value is still in the registry

i'm making a clean exeem for those who give a shit

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Just a quick update as iv got to go, Ran Spybot again got rid of 104 things and managed to get Ad-Aware running and picked up 164 things. All gone but still a few files there.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    If I were you...and you were running windows XP...i'd go to the registry HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and Runonce and sometimes Runoncex and remove anything that looks suspicious. Then do the same under HKey_current user. That will delete things from the startup...you can also check under start/run msconfig and then the startup tab. After that I would run adaware SE 1.05 and Spybot 1.3. That should clean it up...if nothing else boot into safemode and blow away those files that were created. Hope that helps. Sorry if it didn't...its my first post.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast