Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Accepts EU Decision

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I've explained that, if the bundling is not there and MS doesn't have this blind brand loyalty then it will improve innovation and drive prices down thro' increased competition. You fault MS for brand loyalty...what a joke!!! Tell Coca-Cola that!!! See above.No it isn't I've explained that already.I already have come up with something else, you need to read it now. What do you mean about IE. You need that to upgrade your OS, another example of MS's technique for binding the customer to it's products.Wrong. MS ensure that you either need many of their products, or you simply cannot uninstall them, as is the case with WMP.
    You obviously missed the sentence before even though you quoted it. See below..
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    I bet if IE could simply be uninstalled after it's shipped, is also harming the consumer too.
    The "I bet if" means I know it can't be uninstalled, wanker.

I would propose that but competitor's wouldn't have it.
    Last edited by Busyman; 01-25-2005 at 08:30 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    Yes, brand loyalty of the type MS instill into consumers is harming the consumer because it's causing a edging out the competition, can you not see that.
    Isnt WinDVD and other media player makers doing quite well? I would be more concerned about shit like Viewpoint media player being shoved into your pc without you knowing it, rather than thinking up ways to pick the OS apart. I agree competition is good, but i think this is plain stupid. but, if it makes some happy, they should just give an uninstall option i guess.
    Last edited by Mïcrösöül°V³; 01-25-2005 at 08:32 PM.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by B
    You fault MS for brand loyalty...what a joke!!! Tell Coca-Cola that!!!
    Coca-Cola doesn't come bundled, ffs think it thro'.

Competitors would certainly prefer it if it could be installed, doesn't solve them cornering the market tho' as IE will still be the browser that comes bundled with your PC and therefore the first one people use, giving MS an unfair advantage.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Illuminati
    Well the fact is I can't say anything else because there isn't anything else to say.

Fact is that I haven't used WMP for almost two years because I've used another media player - That's two years the software hasn't had to be there. So to me, this news is a good thing in that I can have more control over my PC.

You say that this would harm normal consumers. On the same path, there are many people who use a retarded P2P network by using Kazaa because they're casual users and don't know other programs - where's your bleeding heart for them while we use alternatives?

In the end, news like this can only be interpreted in ways it's good for you and you alone. For me, it's good news because it means I'll have more say over my computer and what's on it. For you, it isn't a bother so it isn't good news if news at all.

I couldn't care less if IE, WMP or any other integrated software is or isn't shipped afterwards (I'd rather it would to help casual users actually) - I care about the option to be able to uninstall it and not have anything to do with it.
    If your only argument is "WMP is there, even though I don't use it, so it's harming me" I guess because takes up alot of HD space or something then I would propose MS allow an uninstall.

You shouldn't have any complaints about that, right...or is the bundling still kicking you in the ass? (actually you answered that in your last sentence)

So then we're agreed. This action by the EU goes to far.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Mïcrösöül°V³
    Isnt WinDVD and other media player makers doing quite well? I would be more concerned about shit like Viewpoint media player being shoved into your pc without you knowing it, rather than thinking up ways to pick the OS apart. I agree competition is good, but i think this is plain stupid. but, if it makes some happy, they should just give an uninstall option i guess.
    The ones that are doing well are doing so in spite of MS's unfair advantage. A level playing field would be nice - as in other industries. Heinz is huge but when you buy a cooker it doesn't come with Baked Beans.

The uninstall option would be great. Maybe the EU will push for this to be the next step, I'd like to think so
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    If your only argument is "WMP is there, even though I don't use it, so it's harming me" I guess because takes up alot of HD space or something then I would propose MS allow an uninstall.

You shouldn't have any complaints about that, right...or is the bundling still kicking you in the ass? (actually you answered that in your last sentence)

So then we're agreed. This action by the EU goes to far.
    I never said it was harming me - I said it was a nuisance for me.

If all you want to hear is someone say that the EU is bollocks, then say it to yourself - Because for me, the EU's actions were a good thing.

At least they had the balls to question Microsoft about their handling with Windows, unlike MS's home boys over the ocean

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Coca-Cola doesn't come bundled, ffs think it thro'.

Competitors would certainly prefer it if it could be installed, doesn't solve them cornering the market tho' as IE will still be the browser that comes bundled with your PC and therefore the first one people use, giving MS an unfair advantage.
    I'll put it plainly.

Giving a user an extra then saying to them it is bad that you got that extra, is a competitor's words not a consumers.

ffs think it through. I wish MS Office came with Windows.

The EU and America are going about it the wrong way.

1. Make MS deliver those API's so competitor's software can work better with Windows. I'll love to see how much better.

2. Allow an uninstall of non-core extras for the tinkerer. It'll still be on the CD ffs.

Making MS release their source code and unbundling features that competitor's sell is bullshit and doesn't need to be done.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    manker's Avatar effendi

If all you want to hear is someone say that the EU is bollocks, then say it to yourself - Because for me, the EU's actions were a good thing.

At least they had the balls to question Microsoft about their handling with Windows, unlike MS's home boys over the ocean
    Yup, I think that's about the crux of the matter and why Mr Busy is all upset. The EU can stand up to MS, the most powerful company in the world, and the US cannot.

Well said, Scouser

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39

I figured this was an EU was pissing contest. I notice their crap didn't get slung until America slung theirs.

If WMP is a nuisance, then again, the EU's actions go too far. I'm waiting for Norton to say something about MS antivirus protection. I know it's coming if it hasn't already.
    Last edited by Busyman; 01-25-2005 at 08:50 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I'll put it plainly.

Giving a user an extra then saying to them it is bad that you got that extra, is a competitor's words not a consumers.

ffs think it through. I wish MS Office came with Windows.

The EU and America are going about it the wrong way.

1. Make MS deliver those API's so competitor's software can work better with Windows. I'll love to see how much better.

2. Allow an uninstall of non-core extras for the tinkerer. It'll still be on the CD ffs.

Making MS release their source code and unbundling features that competitor's sell is bullshit and doesn't need to be done.

You're living in a fantasy world. MS releasing OS source code!!

If you don't understand how economics works and can't see how this unfair advantage of inherent brand loyalty will detrimentally affect the consumer, despite my best efforts to explain it, then I can do no more.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast