Thread: Can't use internet after leaving eMule running overnight

This has only happened about 3 times, but it seems when I leave eMule (v0.44d) running overnight, I try to get on the internet in the morning and it pretty much won't let me. I get a response from the web site, but it just sits there. I then close eMule, but the activity on my router is still going crazy like I am still connected. The only way things get fixed is when I restart my modem/router and my router ends up giving me a slightly different IP address, and things are fine. If I don't set my router to forward the appropriate ports to my IP address and just leave eMule connected with a low ID, then this doesn't happen, but as soon as I change the IP address for the port forwarding on my router to the new one, it happens again. Any ideas??

My router is a Netgear MR814V2 and I'm running XP Pro SP2. Thanks!!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Most likely to many open connections for the router. Either the router has to be adjusted though Im not sure how or in EMule preferances you could try and lower the max connections and see if that works...

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    lower the max connections in Emule, and just flick it off/on

i have a netgear DG814, and it cant cope either, there is supposed to e going to be a new firmware for it, but im sick of waiting.

in fact, you should check out if there is any new fware for yours
    <insert signature here>

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Thanks, I'll try that out. How much did you lower yours? I just tried lowering it from 400 to 200 for now. Also, what exactly is going on with those connections? I take it they are building up as I leave emule on longer and longer, but is it other users connected to my router? It was set at 400, and I definitely never had uploads/downloads from 400 different users at once.. just curious!

Oh yeah, I also updated to the latest firmware (5.30) but it didn't look like much was upgraded with this update.

Quote Originally Posted by vivitron 15
    lower the max connections in Emule, and just flick it off/on

i have a netgear DG814, and it cant cope either, there is supposed to e going to be a new firmware for it, but im sick of waiting.

in fact, you should check out if there is any new fware for yours
    Last edited by killakella; 01-25-2005 at 09:26 PM.