Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: DVD case insert paper

  1. #1
    sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    - = C.a.N.a.D.A = -
    Age
    30
    Posts
    961
    Hello,

    Is there any certain type of paper that i can use to print nice looking DVD inserts? [not DVD lables!]

    I know about the regular paper quality and I also know about the gloassy ones....the point is, I don't like the quality of regular DVD insert paper (although it says "Photo Quality paper") and glossy DVD inserts are really hard to find where i live and not to mention they are fairly expensive also.....

    So I m wondering is there any specific type of paper that i can use to print DVD inserts? Light weight paper will be perfect.

    Please advice....
    Last edited by sameer0807; 01-25-2005 at 07:04 AM.

    "I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

  2. Movies & TV   -   #2

  3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Last edited by SingaBoiy; 01-25-2005 at 03:21 PM.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.


  4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,577
    It's a pain in the ass though to get the print to fit right inside the cut-out lines

    Cd-labels is pretty easy but whenever I print a cover it's always printed too far up or too far to the side.

    hmm...asspie

  5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Retired
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    14,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Filliz
    It's a pain in the ass though to get the print to fit right inside the cut-out lines

    Cd-labels is pretty easy but whenever I print a cover it's always printed too far up or too far to the side.
    for DVD covers use:

    184 mm (width) x 272 mm (height)

    I'll flip them 60 with photoshop and then I make them smaller to fit (I only use HQ covers so their always 2 big )

  6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Retired
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    14,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Filliz
    It's a pain in the ass though to get the print to fit right inside the cut-out lines

    Cd-labels is pretty easy but whenever I print a cover it's always printed too far up or too far to the side.
    for DVD covers use:

    184 mm (width) x 274 mm (height)

    I'll flip them 90 with photoshop and then I make them smaller to fit (I only use HQ covers so their always 2 big )


    good paper for covers/inlays: semi-glossy, one sided.
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 01-25-2005 at 03:55 PM.

  7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,577
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    for DVD covers use:

    184 mm (width) x 272 mm (height)

    I'll flip them 60 with photoshop and then I make them smaller to fit (I only use HQ covers so their always 2 big )
    I use nero cover designer with a dvd case template from easycomputing,so I always have the correct size.
    It's just a matter of stretching or shrinking the cover in between the cut-out lines.
    But for some reason it never comes out perfectly on the dvd cover paper I use (also from easycomputing)

    It's never a wasted print though,it's just that I still have to cut them out manually with a ruler and knife instead of just ripping off the edges,if you know what I mean.

    hmm...asspie

  8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,883
    I just use ordinary paper (but there's always photo quality), Surething and a paper cutter.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

  9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Retired
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    14,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Filliz
    I use nero cover designer with a dvd case template from easycomputing,so I always have the correct size.
    It's just a matter of stretching or shrinking the cover in between the cut-out lines.
    But for some reason it never comes out perfectly on the dvd cover paper I use (also from easycomputing)

    It's never a wasted print though,it's just that I still have to cut them out manually with a ruler and knife instead of just ripping off the edges,if you know what I mean.
    if you use 184 mm (width) x 274 mm (height) it fits perfect

    just checked the template from easycomputing and they also use the same sizes as me
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 01-25-2005 at 04:41 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •