Thread: Sound Problem

My speakers have recently started to crackle and distort - I have followed hints (I am using Windows XP Home)and tried to reset speaker volume and levels, but nothing has helped.

Anyonr got any ideas how I can solve this problem.

Thanks Debby.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Debby@2 April 2003 - 01:50
    My speakers have recently started to crackle and distort - I have followed hints (I am using Windows XP Home)and tried to reset speaker volume and levels, but nothing has helped.

Anyonr got any ideas how I can solve this problem.

Thanks Debby.
    Just out of the blue?

Did you abuse your speakers?

Do you have another mediaplayer you can try?

Did you re-check all your connections?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Woops! I have played the speakers a bit loud, but would this hurt them?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    yea of course it would if you put to much through them than they might of blown, get some new ones of broww some form a mate.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by Debby@6 April 2003 - 09:12
    Woops! I have played the speakers a bit loud, but would this hurt them?
    Yes, but one would assume you would have heard them "go away" while you were listening; they'll usually give some sign of distress, but not always. If your computor still has the "help" software on board, give it a run, or your hard copy?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by j2k4+6 April 2003 - 20:17--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 6 April 2003 - 20:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Debby@6 April 2003 - 09:12
    &nbsp; Woops&#33; I have played the speakers a bit loud, but would this hurt them?
    Yes, but one would assume you would have heard them "go away" while you were listening; they&#39;ll usually give some sign of distress, but not always. If your computor still has the "help" software on board, give it a run, or your hard copy? [/b][/quote]
    that would be a good idea, but just ask a friend to lend them their speakers.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Ex-member
    Maybe you should ask a mod to move this to Hardwareworld...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by Lamsey@6 April 2003 - 22:26
    Maybe you should ask a mod to move this to Hardwareworld...
    An even better idea&#33;

-Mark Twain

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    You might try to update you soundcard driver. I too had crackling speakers. I reinstalled my driver and restarted, worked fine after that.