Thread: PS3, more under the hood then xbox next

asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    The BBC has news about the next-generation game consoles, with comments from various third parties. According to Rory Armes, studio general manager of EA in Europe, they have already received the development kits from Microsoft, but not yet from Sony and Nintendo. He assumes Sony's PlayStation 3 will have a little more under the hood and be more cost-efficient than Microsoft's Xbox 2. Gerhard Florin, head of EA in Europe, remarks 'PS3 will provide graphics indistinguishable from movies.'
    Dunno if its true, but it would be nice. I love my xbox, but i cant wait to see what sony does.

2. Games   -   #2
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    All bets are off with the next generation consoles.

I like my Xbox now but the next one is another story.

ATI is doing Xbox Next and Revolution
    Nvidia is doing PS3.

That quote means shit unfortunately. If EA has no dev kits from Sony than wtf are they talking about?

Knowing me, I'll probably get them all hot.
    Last edited by Busyman; 01-26-2005 at 02:18 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Games   -   #3
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    I think not having the dev kit for the ps3, is that since they dont have it, sony is taking longer on making it better. There just gussing thats why they dont have it.

It also comes down to the Cell processor on the PS3 and the 3 processor think the xbox next has, and how that will work.

4. Games   -   #4
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Smith
    I think not having the dev kit for the ps3, is that since they dont have it, sony is taking longer on making it better. There just gussing thats why they dont have it.

It also comes down to the Cell processor on the PS3 and the 3 processor think the xbox next has, and how that will work.
    Besides knowing the names of the PS3 processor every thing else is speculation.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232