Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Firewalls And Proxy Servers Illegal In Us?

um... a router doesn't truly conceal the location of a computer... the WAN IP (used by the router) still exists, so it's pretty safe to say that any computer connected to the router is prolly in the immediate vicinity.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Poster
    Crazy American Polititians Too much time and no brains From what I could gather, it seams like "they" (gov, feds,..what-have-you) are tracking "Anti-Americans" down (much like they did with the "Commies"). Say anything bad about your homeland/government...next thing you know you can't get a loan, you lose your job and the IRS keeps on auditing you till you either go nutty and kill someone, or rob/steal to feed your family..Either way "go straight to jail" ahh, medication-time

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    the harder they work to make laws to stand against us, the harder we will work to make it work in our favor.

If this passes, it'll make it illegal for anyone to own a hardware and/or software firewall
    yes, I agree with that but will it stop you from getting it from somewhere on the web? How would they know if you do or not have a firewall? scan the networks? its illagel almost owning kazaa now lol

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Poster
    You are discussing a topic which is in The Enquirer.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    That's a credible source of information.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    What a huge load of crap! The internet is one of the few forms of truly unregulated free speech, especially in America. They can't stop peer2peer, they certainly can't stop people from using firewalls or routers. They would have to stop banking institutions, the gov't, and anyone else from securing your information on their network. Not going to happen, sorry.
    Proud member of MDS

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    i agree with you but I believe from reading those website, it happen in some states of america. This really cracks me up, I can't believe we reached a level that we shouldn't protect our computer and our date from outside enemies. I don't see why in hell would I ever turn off my firewall, it would only invite lame attacks and outsiders whom might come in and enjoy the date on my pc. far most stupidest idea this can be, who will top this one.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Poster
    It's mainly proxy servers and virtual private networks that would be specifically outlawed.

Seems Carnivore/Echelon couldn't interface with them nicely unless your ISP (or the other end's ISP) had a direct link to the endpoints...

Privacy... going... going... GONE to the highest bidder! [MPAA/RIAA have been throwing serious money at politicians for a VERY long time now...]

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I put my privacy up for sale on Ebay and the response has been incredible...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    if they outlaw firewalls then its open country on any computer going, total anchary man, i dont think the massive coporations of this world will be happy and can u honestly see the government not using them?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast