Thread: Urgent help needed!!!

sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Hello,

I have a Panasonic DVD player, Model #: PV-D4744S-K, bought a month ago.

Today when i inserted a DVD disk to watch a movie....every thing was working fine. The movie played on DVD great...but for some freaking reason i can't eject the DVD. When i try to eject the DVD a message pops up on the DVD player: "Safe"...WTF?

I can't seem to eject the DVD.....it's giving me message "Safe" all the time....

I also tried un-pluging the DVD player but same shit happened again.....I'm so pissed.......

please help...wat could have gone wrong?

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Not sure what's wrong but most DVD drives have a tiny pinhole somewhere near the front tray. Just insert a paperclip to manually release the tray to eject the media.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Sushi
    Not sure what's wrong but most DVD drives have a tiny pinhole somewhere near the front tray. Just insert a paperclip to manually release the tray to eject the media.
    Thnx Darth the DVD disk is out now.
    I'm not sure wat's the prb. with my DVD player but everytime i eject any DVD disk it gives me error "SAFE".....wat could have gone wrong here?

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Harsh!'s Avatar n00b
    Hope you got a warranty still

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Maybe a security feature if it's disconnected from the mains for a length of time?

My old VHS player would 'lock' if it was d/c from the mains for longer than 2 mins, and would need a password (numerical) to unlock it.

Oh, and your thread title sucks. It gives no explantion of what the problem is. There could be someone on these forums who built this player and see the thread but not click on it. Next time, make thread titles more descriptive.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    lol Right on Samurai.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    Any electronic device(vcr, tv, stereo, etc) going into "safe mode" may be in need of repair. It's common for engineers to design circuitry to do this when there's something wrong. It's a generic message meaning "fix me." It won't tell a repair man what the problem is.

Disconnecting the power for a short time and pressing buttons on the front panel randomly helps discharge current on any circuit boards. This should be the first thing to try as this may reset any microprocessors inside. (a.k.a. microprocessor lock-up)

Check your owners' manual for any other specific instructions.

But, since you've just bought it and most electronics will break down when you first begin to use them, I would bet that you have a defective player.

You should have at least a 90 day labor and 1 year parts warranty unless you bought it used or "reconditioned."

That's been my experience in the 7 year period I managed the service dept of a TV and stereo repair shop.

Good luck.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Yea i still have a warranty on the DVD player. I bought it from Leon and will go there tomorrow to get a different DVD player.

Thanks

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    VIP...just ask any
    Oh, and your thread title sucks. It gives no explantion of what the problem is. There could be someone on these forums who built this player and see the thread but not click on it. Next time, make thread titles more descriptive.
    *agreed!