Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoking: To be or not to Be

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by UKResident
    See? Trolling, you just can't resist can you? You have done your best in this thread to insult me for no other reason than you don't agree with my opinion. You really should reserve that behaviour for the lounge, it does nothing to further discussion in here.
    What's with the lounge dissing?

Is the lounge non-smoking btw? Or do I have to spark up round the back of Sports Club?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    The only person trolling is you.
    And of course everything YOU say is true? Another troll with an inflated sense of his own importance.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    No-one's rising to you, .
    Except you of course, you never could resist the opportunity to be nasty to anyone who doesn't lick your arse.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #54
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    See? Trolling, you just can't resist can you? You have done your best in this thread to insult me for no other reason than you don't agree with my opinion. You really should reserve that behaviour for the lounge, it does nothing to further discussion in here.
    You underestimate me, sir.
    I have barely even begun to insult you.

You preferred to inject personal details into the thread ( to wit:"By drinking l take it you mean alcohol? No l don't, l don't take drugs either and l certainly don't smoke. Only idiots smoke, whatever you may say. Why would anyone take up that digusting habit? l also eat well, l've been a vegetarian all my life and spend only the necessary time on the "bog", unless l'm reading the Guardian of course, then l may stay a little longer.

And for your information, l'm 62 and l still run marathons, could you?"
    ) rather than attempt to reconcile some glaring disconnects in logic.

C'mon, I'm sure you're capable of better than this.
    You could begin by explaining how the details of your bowel movements has furthered this discussion.
    Last edited by clocker; 01-29-2005 at 01:07 PM.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. The Drawing Room   -   #55
    Thank you Clonker, a fine example of a troll at work. You quote me whilst completely ignoring the post l was replying to.

Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    Do you drink?

Do you take Prescription Drugs?

Hell; do you eat? Theres a lot of food poisoning around, maybe you should stop that... You'd be healthier and happier and spend less time on the bog.
    Not even a good try, unless making an idiot of yourself earns you kudos in your little world.

Quote Originally Posted by Clonker
    You underestimate me, sir.
    I have barely even begun to insult you.
    l quiver in anticipation.
    Last edited by UKResident; 01-29-2005 at 02:00 PM. Reason: spelling

6. The Drawing Room   -   #56
    manker's Avatar effendi
    You don't think RF was making a point relating to the topic, rather than him being generally curious about your diet.

Your fantastical anecdote was not the the response RF was soliciting.

It strikes me that he was saying that if an employer starts dictating to an employee if he can smoke, due to health issues - then it logically follows that an employer can dictate about other things, due to health issues.

Was Rat Faced being a bit subtle for you, Mr UKResident.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #57
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Blah, blah, blah.
    Another useless troll, join your gang, you make good company.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #58
    Quote Originally Posted by J'Trol
    Blah, blah, blah.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #59
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I quite agree, JP. I do enjoy the taking of the piss, tho', like taking sweets off kids.

Speaking of kids, even 15 year olds like Gungrave have come back after bannage and hidden their intentions for longer. It was plain to me who he was and his agenda from the third post.

However the 15 years olds have an advantage because they don't pretend to be Sir Cliff Richard.
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Fugley
    It could of course just be childish attention seeking. However what's the chances of that in a 62 year old retired businessman. Who incidentally doesn't drink or smoke, lives on organic vegetable and runs marathons.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #60
    Good on him, he's making his employees healthier, probably happier, and he'll no doubt see less time taken off sick.

So you are in full support of an employer controlling the private lives of his employees. In this particular case you might think that these people need a firm hand to lead them to a healthier life and better productivity, but as has been discussed in this thread, where does this influence end, what are the logical boundaries?

You could easily justify dictating a bedtime, their religion, or diet under the auspices of better health and productivity.

I don't like vegetables, I hate running, and if I couldn't drink as well, I think I might die of boredom. That would not make me happy at all.

You say, "Well work for someone else."

But each employer is going to have his own "life philosophy". So you need to find a combination of your vocation and a life philsophy to find acceptable employment. Your "life philosophy" is for you, not for you to impose upon me. I want a job putting clocks together, not a 24/7 marriage.

I make clocks, judge me on that, not the fact that I have a beer with dinner a cigarette afterwards.
    Last edited by hobbes; 01-29-2005 at 06:06 PM.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast