Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cheap Hard Drive

vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    like the one i linked to
    <insert signature here>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    16mb cache? Teh linkage? I would like 8mb cache at least as my hdd is always dwonloading, playing games and extracting rar files.

$80 for a 160gb comes out at half the price that they are in the UK. If thats so i might ask someone to order me one from the UK (after iv paypaled them the money) and ship it to me.
    Remember you've got to add VAT to Ebuyer prices, so you are looking at over £50 for the ones you mentioned in your first post.

That said, if you get something shipped from the US you will almost certainly have to pay VAT on that too, so your $80 would go up to about $94 (equivalent). Add Paypal charges and shipping costs and you would probably find that method more expensive.

Have a look at ccl for 300GB Maxtor drives, £ 122.66 inc VAT for P-ATA, £ 125.89 inc VAT for SATA.

Edit: @Vivitron_15: sorry, I didn't notice your link.
    Last edited by lynx; 01-28-2005 at 04:58 PM.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    IDE drives at komplett

I've bought a lot of stuff from their swedish site, worked well for me. Amazingly enough I think we get much better deals on the same drives, or we did when I checked last anyway.

EDit: yep, I think we still do.
    Last edited by Snee; 01-28-2005 at 05:32 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    From my own personal experience I stay away from maxtor drives, I've had three HD fail on me and all three were Maxtors, one was a 10 gig, 13 gig, and 60 gig, the 60 gig died within a few months, other manufacuters I've had, IBM, Segate and Western Digital, never had any of those manufacturers fail, I have a couple of segate 2.5 gigs that work just fine to this day, and right now I have 4 segates ({2} 40gigs, {1} 120 gig, {1} 400 gig) and one WD ({1} 120 gig) so I tend to lean towards segate, hey go with what you know works...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123