Thread: 2 wierd problems

1. this one is pretty new. after i connect to the internet for about 5-10 min NOTHING opens accept folders. ctrl alt delete doesnt work either. whenever i click on something thers that little stopwatch for a few seconds then nothing. after the 5-10 minutes everything i clicked on after i connected to the internet opens at the same time.
    i already checked with spybot, adaware and norton 2005. also im getting theses popups from castlemedia.com and a few other ones. dont no if thats connected.

2. after i press shutdown i get that message "windows is now shutting down". until that part its fine. the problem is that it stays that way for about 10 MINUTES and im not exxagerating. the light on the mouse (laser mouse) and the keyboard turn off but the computer stays on.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Ram Perhaps...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    hmmm.......
    you checked with adaware & spybot....
    and youre still gettin popups....
    think maybe that says something about your chosen ad/spy protection?
    (1)get a good trojan defense app, trojan hunter or TDS3...

(2)get rid of spybot, it sux....
    try pestpatrol or webroot spysweeper, even M$ antispyware

(3)update definitions, that helps...

(4)boot into safe mode and do a full system scan & clean, with system restore OFF

-edit- and get a popup blocker
    firefox's built in one is good, or hunt down admuncher
    Last edited by FKDUP74; 01-25-2005 at 06:00 PM.
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I didnt think he was getting pop ups, thought it was more like mass delays and lag...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    I didnt think he was getting pop ups, thought it was more like mass delays and lag...
    yeah, read toward the bottom of #1
    looks like hes got some major bugs happenin
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    he has something eating up all his system resources, i get that sometimes when a program wont properly terminate, and it hogs the whole pc trying to close it. check your cpu usage in the task manager, if your system idle process is a low number, like 0 or so, then you got something running thats using all your CPU power. go under processes and terminate which ever process is really high, it will prolly be a new program or something you may have installed recently.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    i dont think its a program cause the problem only happens 10 min after i connect to the internet. after that the computer works pretty fast

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mïcrösöül°V³
    he has something eating up all his system resources, i get that sometimes when a program wont properly terminate, and it hogs the whole pc trying to close it. check your cpu usage in the task manager, if your system idle process is a low number, like 0 or so, then you got something running thats using all your CPU power. go under processes and terminate which ever process is really high, it will prolly be a new program or something you may have installed recently.
    the "pop-up" spyware is mostly likely the culprit
    i suggest using hijackthis to diagnose the system extensively

gildan2020
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    hers the log
    Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0
    Scan saved at 3:34:26 PM, on 1/26/2005
    Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
    C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_06\bin\jusched.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\GSICON.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\dslagent.exe
    C:\Program Files\GetRight\getright.exe
    C:\Program Files\GetRight\getright.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    C:\Downloads\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
    O2 - BHO: bho2gr Class - {31FF080D-12A3-439A-A2EF-4BA95A3148E8} - C:\Program Files\GetRight\xx2gr.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cmaudio] RunDll32 cmicnfg.cpl,CMICtrlWnd
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_06\bin\jusched.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GSICONEXE] GSICON.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &יצא ל- Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Open with GetRight Browser - C:\Program Files\GetRight\GRbrowse.htm
    O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{FFAD810C-DF06-4049-8964-4623326952A7}: NameServer = 192.115.106.35 62.219.186.7
    O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
    O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
    O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
    O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Speed Disk service - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
    O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    bump