Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Xp Home Vs. Xp Pro What's The Diff?

Originally posted by Wolfmight@3 April 2003 - 02:02
    XP Pro is better
    sounds cooler

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    I had Home, downloaded Pro, and it was a pain in the ass, until I realized that the key generator (only one real working one) was right under my nose (i couldnt figure it out...its a "different" kind of key gen.) but yes, you can update it, Microsoft is aware of the one key that is used often...if you try to download Service Pack 1 it will say "illegal key blah blah detected" just get the working key generator and its just like the store bought thing, it's called the blue list key generator, can be found online (recommended) or virus infested just like very other file, on kazaa (last resort), overall use a different P2P program unless you want these new to the internet noobs misnaming files and putting viruses on everything possible (very gay).

Overall, I just wanted my loading startup bar to be blue, other than that, Pro and Home are the same, yes the loading bar color is the 100 dollar difference. "basically saying that I didn't see much difference between the 2 besides the name"

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Kokanee's Avatar The beer out here!
    I have a Pro version that came as a self-extractor. very simple, no headaches,no problems,changed the key got the SP1, Done. The only thing is the 65 minutes it took to self install itself.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    I have the full ISO of XP pro corp. edition, no need to register and I can update no trouble, but I doubt you’d find that file on kazaa.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Originally posted by Kokanee@3 April 2003 - 02:38
    I have a Pro version that came as a self-extractor. very simple, no headaches,no problems,changed the key got the SP1, Done. The only thing is the 65 minutes it took to self install itself.
    Ditto, I did the exact same thing as you did. Everything worked fine. Except I upgraded from 98, so it tooks about 75-80 minutes becasue it had to change the "core" files.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    i upgraded from home to pro......and my system crashed.....due to my fault..... i updated a driver i downloaded from the official website instead of using windows update.... USE WINDOWS UPDATE....

as for downloading the service packs....if they ask to change your key...download the key generator and changer from the verified files....i put a hash there.....

also if u have a fat32 hd the create a partition and install pro....see if u like it...u can always format the partition if u don't want it.....

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    xp pro is wicked much better than home and mine is an illegal copy and i use win update never had a problem use an ntfs partition its much better than fat32 i find you get extra security features when u disable simple file sharing and you dont get this with xp home

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    nizers's Avatar Poster
    can somebody please post a link to a verified copy of XP PRO? If theres no sources on kazaa (as somebody mentioned above) then where can i get this at?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    have a look in the verifieds section, or search. im sure theres a few posted.

EDIT: woo hoo, 3stars. :beerchug:

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    nizers's Avatar Poster
    yea.. you'd think so.. but i've tried searching and have came up with nothing.

THREE STARS!!! I have almost as many posts as you do and i still have one star... somebody hates me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast