Thread: In search of a game, please advise!

slim150's Avatar Poster
    I'm looking for a simple PC game to play. The graphics do not have to be good or anything. Anyway I want a game that is like a castle or medieval type game. Where you have to build up your castle perhaps (that's always been fun for me) and have to go off and attack other castles or something. I've played games like stronghold: crusader which is ok but i want something alot simpler where you don't have to worry about so much. Bascially I was the guy who used to play with the map editor to build a castle and just have fun doing that.. ya know what i mean. If you know of any games, old or new that could keep me occupied let me know~
    "Their most trivial action may mean volumes, or their most extraordinary conduct may depend upon a hairpin or a pair of curling-tongs" - Holmes

2. Games   -   #2
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Age Of Empires, but I would say that it's a bit more complex than Stronghold.

3. Games   -   #3
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    Age of Mythology

4. Games   -   #4
    rome total war

5. Games   -   #5
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    If you really don't care about graphics get an Amiga emulator and get Castles or Castles 2. They were classics in their day (at least I thought so). Dunno if they came out for PC though...

6. Games   -   #6
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Here you go:

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?gameid=2438

The game is free from the above Abandonware site. Even if the game isn't to your liking the site has a shedload of games worth checking out, I'm sure you'll find something you'll like.

7. Games   -   #7
    slim150's Avatar Poster
    thanks ima give that castles one a try, the other ones i've seen on gamespot they seem like too much ya know
    "Their most trivial action may mean volumes, or their most extraordinary conduct may depend upon a hairpin or a pair of curling-tongs" - Holmes

8. Games   -   #8
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by slim150
    thanks ima give that castles one a try, the other ones i've seen on gamespot they seem like too much ya know
    Good luck with them. Bare in mind you are going back 15 years or more in terms of graphics/sound though.