Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I got a DMCA letter

Hanz™'s Avatar making the world go BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hall of Pain
    I wasn't there. BTW, I heard somewhere that you need to share as much as you downloaded or bittorrent will go slow for you.
    Haha... Thats what all the guys say here in order that you support the community and do not leech, however it is truie to a certain extent some trackers are very prejudice about people with low share ratio's.
    And some people will choose to not share with people who have a ratio below a certain ammount.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Basically if you own a legal copy of the movie its alright for you to download, but the fact that you were uploading at the same time means you were also giving the file out to people who didn't own a legal copy.

I can say 99.9% you have nothing to worry about, if you are still shitting yourself i susgest your format your hard drive and put a clean install of Windows on and buy a copy of the movie you pirated (or pre order a copy if its not out on dvd yet) that way you can legally say you were downloading a backup.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    wot if you download and thats it. you dont share and then later on delete it off your comp?
    Last edited by Flametongue; 01-31-2005 at 08:14 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Flametongue
    wot if you download and thats it. you dont share and then later on delete it off your comp?
    There are ways to recover deleted files or at least parts of them. If your using Bittorent chances are you willupload at lewast 1kb. Infact its nearly impossible unless there is only seeds and no other peers. As soon as you upload 1kb you are breaking the law and are supplying the release illigally to other people.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    right, burn all copyrighted stuff on to dvdrs and bury them, then reformat your hardrive.

nothing to worry about.

I also recomend peerguardian.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Nardz's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    i got two of those letters about a year ago then i started useing pear gaurdian i havent seen one since.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    what does peer guardian do exactly?

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    blocks all IP's in the blocklist from getting into your PC

(I think)

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Hall of Pain
    what does peer guardian do exactly?
    Peer guardian is an IP blocker, using ip block lists it blocks any ip on those lists, using programs like blocklist manager you can download a list that has every IP believed to have anything to do with MPAA, RIAA, police, FBI... the list goes on...

10. BitTorrent   -   #30

Question Mark

how do i block them from seeing what i got on my pc

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast