Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Hans Blix declares no WMD

  1. #1
    No war by Bush.

    Where do you think we would be today?

    Would regime change still be the final common pathway to giving Iraq a new beginning or do you think SAddam and his sons would have been allowed to lead Iraq into the future unchecked, and everyone is cool with that.

  2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Feel free to offer any scenario YOU see as most likely. I was just setting the ball in motion.

    To me I guess it comes down to how much energy should the world waste on this one small country and this one leader.

    Continue to moniter him until he and his sons are dead.

    Tell him his penalty is over and he is free to pursue the future in his sovereign nation as he sees fit.

    As Boab pointed out with Iran, why should he not be allowed to build nukes for himself. Who has the right to block him from importing and building what he desires.

    We already know what he DID before, and my country, for certain, is on his shit list.

    As I have said before, I doubt Iraq would ever shoot a nuke at the US, but he might give one to someone who might.

  3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    Short-term likelihood would be that things would have continued at par...Oil-for-Food was lining Saddam's pockets, so the U.N. wasn't a concern; Russia, France, China, Germany, et.al., were satiated.

    Had Saddam died naturally, his sons surely would have assumed control, and the situation vis a vis the Iraqi citizenry likely would have worsened, which wouldn't have bothered anyone but ex-pat Iraqis greatly; it is largely true that, apart from Israel, there is no overweening concern for any of the mid-eastern countries by outside entities, apart from the latent concern for their oil, and that has been the raw stabilizing influence over the entire region for the past what, 75 years or so?

    Apart from the Israeli/Palestinian situation, which is somewhat static, things could have gone on as they were for another 40-50 years, while the region's various constituents honed their own brand of nuclear detente.

    Terrorism would be the wild-card, and the only ingredient likely to have caused outside powers to weigh in, which is, of course, what happened, except sooner, rather than later.

    How's that?
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    No war by Bush.

    Where do you think we would be today?

    Would regime change still be the final common pathway to giving Iraq a new beginning or do you think SAddam and his sons would have been allowed to lead Iraq into the future unchecked, and everyone is cool with that.
    Why no war? What difference would it make that there were no WMDs?

    Bush has stated quite clearly that had he known then what he knows now he would have done the same thing, so WMDs wouldn't have come into it. He would have declared that he was going to rid Iraq of Saddam Hussein, free the people, and bring about democracy.

    So with or without WMDs Iraq would be in the same mess it's in today.

  5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by UKResident
    Why no war? What difference would it make that there were no WMDs?

    Bush has stated quite clearly that had he known then what he knows now he would have done the same thing, so WMDs wouldn't have come into it. He would have declared that he was going to rid Iraq of Saddam Hussein, free the people, and bring about democracy.

    So with or without WMDs Iraq would be in the same mess it's in today.
    Two facets. The world is told Saddam is clean AND no war. What was unclear about that? Let's not repeat this answer the question fiasco from the other thread.

    Please use you brain to give us something to think about.
    Last edited by hobbes; 02-02-2005 at 02:04 AM.

  6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Surrey, BC
    Posts
    6,741
    Quote Originally Posted by UKResident
    Why no war? What difference would it make that there were no WMDs?

    Bush has stated quite clearly that had he known then what he knows now he would have done the same thing, so WMDs wouldn't have come into it. He would have declared that he was going to rid Iraq of Saddam Hussein, free the people, and bring about democracy.

    So with or without WMDs Iraq would be in the same mess it's in today.

    Stop contradicting yourself and while you're at it, stop watching FOX. Listen to hobbes and don't give a reply next time. Iraq is worst off now then it was in Saddam's hands, atleast people didn't live in the conditions they are now, always afraid of terrorist activity, no food, water, hell even electricity. Democracy is a great thing yes, but there's a limit to everything, in this case bringing about democracy only to be faced with such a huge opposition ("Insurgents" which I like to call freedom fighters, mind you not the ones that kidnap ppl and behead them no, I refer to the people that actually pick up a gun and fight the occupation.). God knows what's in store for Iraq in the next 10 years, but one thing's for sure. It's not going to be a good thing.

    Edit: oh ya and supposedly lying to the world about the war in the first place then commiting horrible atrocities is okay as long as "plan" b works out (get rid of saddam and democracy).
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 02-02-2005 at 01:38 AM.

    Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

  7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    I would like honest, thoughtful replies. This is a subject which I am not really qualified to give any definitive answers, just my impressions as I have witnessed events unfold.

    Anymore flaming or disrupting the thread I will ask it to be closed

  8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    Two facets. The world is told Saddam is clean AND no war. What was unclear about that? Let's not repeat this answer the question fiasco from the other thread.
    Thank you Hobbes, but l don't need lessons from you, l started my reply with the words "Why no war?" This was in answer to your unstated assumption that no WMDs means no war when your president has stated that it would have made no difference.

    You started this thread as a troll, that is quite plain, l hope in future you will be as stringent with your own off topic spam in other's threads as you are with your insistance on keeping to topic in yours

    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    Stop contradicting yourself and while you're at it, stop watching FOX.
    As for you, l suggest you look up a definition of irony before you spout off and make yourself look stupid.

  9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Mods, please close. As if this forum has mods on.

    UK Resident is a troll and is dead to me. I encourage everyone to understand his game and just ignore anything he posts. He posts for reaction, and for no other reason. I gave him way too much slack, yet he still hung himself.
    Last edited by hobbes; 02-02-2005 at 03:06 AM.

  10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    13,839
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    Mods, please close. As if this forum has mods on.

    UK Resident is a troll and is dead to me. I encourage everyone to understand his game and just ignore anything he posts. He posts for reaction, and for no other reason. I gave him way too much slack, yet he still hung himself.
    Wanker, please read above. Am I a genius? Do I have the knack of premonition? Am I before my time?

    I told you so.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

    Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •