Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The New PSP, Will it play movies?

mike45450's Avatar =_=_=
    Just found out it (the memory sticks) have to be compatible with Magic Gate, that's all. And i dunno what the max size they are, sorry.

And also, i don't think UMDs are writable, and i don't even know if they'll be avaliable to buy. If they are, then you're gonna have to somehow get it into that casing stuff

2. Games   -   #12
    Yes, UDMs will be sould by other companies....
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

3. Games   -   #13
    Poster
    UMD's wont be sold by other companies, most of you dont know jack sh*t about what your talking about so i'll fill you in.

The PSP can play movies both off UMD's and from the Memory Sticks. UMD provided by Sony are open to other companies and media but Sony still does all the disc pressing as so to render pirating down little to none. Meaning the company pays Sony to use UMD's and Sony takes the information and prints it on UMD's and ships it to the company to sell.

The memory sticks can be used for variousn media such as Videos, music, and ever games. But if your thinking of copying UMD's then storing them on memory sticks think again. Remember no one in the World, W-O-R-L-D has UMD writers and copiers EXCEPT Sony.

Now before a Stupid person comes along and say "bu7 z0mg l1ke S0m3-1 w1ll l1ke t0t4lly f1nd uh w0rk ar0und." Yes im sure someone could, if they had direct access to the media and copying machines, but breaking into Sony and spending hours/days working on one of their machines to find a way around UMD encryption might be a little much since your ass will get caught by day break and be sent to jail. The reason DVD's and CD's were so easily cracked is because people can buy all the media burners and such themselves nowadays.

4. Games   -   #14
    Image Converter 2

Perhaps more remarkable was Kutaragi's announcement that Sony will release the specs for the UMD, allowing other electronics manufacturers to create UMD players and peripherals. "We are already planning to make the UMD disc media into an open standard," said Kutaragi.
    You will be able to write to them

"Games will be limited to the PSP, but movies and music should be for everyone," said Kutaragi.
    Sony plans PSP phone, will open up UMD
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12