Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: xbox games

Quote Originally Posted by jaigandhi5
    just wondering does it matter if the game is PAL or NTSC if im just going to transfer the game over to the hdd?

I have a Pal Xbox with Pal tv yet i can play NTSC games perfect, apparently playing Pal on NTSC is not so easy though.

2. Games   -   #12
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Depends, it has to be chipped or softmodded or something anyway right? to cope with burned discs and such, I thought.

If it is then handling whatever format is the foreign one should be cool, I'd think.

Otherwise the difference in NTSC and PAL lies in the frequency (higher on NTSC) and the lines of the output image(more horisontal ones, or something, on PAL) (nowadays some PAL tvs can do 60hz too tho'). An unmodded xbox might not work with both formats.
    Last edited by Snee; 02-05-2005 at 02:07 AM.

3. Games   -   #13
    Its not the Xbox that has trouble, its the NTSC tv's that cannot display the correct lineage meaning sometimes PAL games looked fucked and are unplayable on NTSC tv's. There are however a few tools that patch the games to work.

4. Games   -   #14
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I think there used to be some kind of block to prevent most PAL consoles from playing NTSC titles, presumably 'cos the higher frequency could screw up an old PAL TV good and proper. And the lines could do the same on NTSC, maybe.

Maybe that's not true for the xbox tho', or is yours softmodded or something?
    Last edited by Snee; 02-05-2005 at 02:13 AM.

5. Games   -   #15
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    im 75% sure the modded xbox with xecutor chip can play it...espcially becasue im not buring the game im just playing it off the hdd....

theres no place to download Halo 2 in NTSC format.....

My Blog
    I'm still here.

6. Games   -   #16
    Mines chipped, most PAL tv's (well UK im sure of not ure about other countries) can play NTSC. As long as its not more than 5 years old chances are you can play both PAL and NTSC on a PAL tv. However NTSC rarely plays PAL im pritty sure. The Xbox doesnt give a chit really, as long as its chipped in some form it will read the disc fine just the tv won;t display the images properly.

@jaigandhi5 - Like i said there are tools to convert, google for them or ask here: www.xbox-scene.com
    Last edited by Peerzy; 02-05-2005 at 02:18 AM.

7. Games   -   #17
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Mines chipped, most PAL tv's (well UK im sure of not ure about other countries) can play NTSC. As long as its not more than 5 years old chances are you can play both PAL and NTSC on a PAL tv. However NTSC rarely plays PAL im pritty sure. The Xbox doesnt give a chit really, as long as its chipped in some form it will read the disc fine just the tv won;t display the images properly.

@jaigandhi5 - Like i said there are tools to convert, google for them or ask here: www.xbox-scene.com
    k thanx

My Blog
    I'm still here.

8. Games   -   #18
    i luv u xara
    i know its pretty much clear, but just so you know, i have a ntsc tv (around 5 years old) using a softmodded xbox, and i have no problems playing pal games...
    dude!!!
    la cucaracha, la cucaracha, ya no puede caminar...

- JOIN our fold@home team... ... something about genetics n' stuff
    -i just had a pm conversation with MYSELF!!!... ... ...wow... that's sad

9. Games   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    However NTSC rarely plays PAL im pritty sure.
    Nope, any new NTSC tv will play them no problem. All 3 of my tvs play them just fine. Same for all my friend's tvs too.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

10. Games   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by SingaBoiy
    They come in ISO format.

Qwix is the best xISO program. You can extract and FTP at the same time. Saves time.
    YES QWIX IS TEH R0X0RZ.

i kept reading all this praise for Craxtion and how easy and great it is, then i tried it out... it made a totally messed-up crash-happy backup of FABLE, and none of my Craxtion-made discs were readable with normal FTP clients. Craxtion was the only program that could detect Craxtion-made discs over FTP! and even Craxtion's file extraction was crap... if it had trouble reading a file, it just skipped the file and kept on going as if nothing's wrong, so i might very well have a few backups in my collection (from when i first started out) that are missing files! GRRR. so ignore any advice you may see, that says Craxtion is good... fuckabuncha that and get QWIX instead.

Quote Originally Posted by SingaBoiy
    Nope, any new NTSC tv will play them no problem. All 3 of my tvs play them just fine. Same for all my friend's tvs too.
    and yes. CORRECT. NTSC/PAL was not really an issue with cartridge-based systems, then they started locking games down to the TV format on disc-based systems. for example an NTSC PS2 won't display PAL games correctly (either the color is wrong, the picture is the wrong size, or both).

but XBOX is totally different: it will display any region's games on any region's machine correctly, provided that you've modded the machine. i'm guessing it prolly renders the graphics in enhanced/high definition (480p, 1080i, whatever) and then downscans them for old-fashioned TVs, which could explain the easy cross-region compatibility.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 02-05-2005 at 11:46 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast