Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Source Engine Update Released

Retired
    A Source Engine update is available and will be applied automatically when Steam is restarted. The changes include:

Source Engine

* Fixed "exec" exploit that used ":", "\\", and ":" in the paths
    * Fixed exploit with "record", "bench_start", and "logsdir"

Source

Just wanna add that cracking discussions aren't allowed!
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 02-03-2005 at 12:03 PM.

2. Games   -   #2
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    I just wanted to say that the ticket error most likely isnt gonna be fixed if you using the emporio,six-steam,steam down, steam loader ect releases Steam has patched the exploits pretty good so if you wanna play online again... BUY THE GAME! which i am in the process of doing...

3. Games   -   #3
    can I curse? FUCK!
    Hrrm... I have missing textures in my cs folder.. do those patches fix it or do I have to reinstall?

4. Games   -   #4
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiranai_Baka
    Hrrm... I have missing textures in my cs folder.. do those patches fix it or do I have to reinstall?
    no those fixes doesnt fix your problem.

5. Games   -   #5
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park
    I just wanted to say that the ticket error most likely isnt gonna be fixed if you using the emporio,six-steam,steam down, steam loader ect releases Steam has patched the exploits pretty good so if you wanna play online again... BUY THE GAME! which i am in the process of doing...
    I send you an email. if you do everything correct you wont have anymore problems with CS:S
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 02-03-2005 at 09:04 PM.

6. Games   -   #6
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    I send you an email. if you do everything correct you wont have anymore problems with CS:S
    i didnt get the email wait nvm but the readme you put with it i aint really gettin

could you send me a pm in more detail please, thanks.
    Last edited by S!X; 02-03-2005 at 09:39 PM.

7. Games   -   #7
    SiX-Steam , Steam-Down, Steam Patcher & any other patcher programs still work as long as you have one cd key from any of Valve's games registered to the account. Steam refuses to let you play online if it detects no cd key, register a half life 1, or CS 1.6 cd key and you can once again play all of Valve's games.

8. Games   -   #8
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Cool , I have the cd key from the original Half life: Counter-strike game .So hopefully that shit works :X

9. Games   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Formula1
    Cool , I have the cd key from the original Half life: Counter-strike game .So hopefully that shit works :X
    Note i'v only tested it with more recent keys.

Subject to terms and conditions it may not work. Interest rates are fixed at 7.8% for the first two years then you get ass fucked at 35%.
    Last edited by Peerzy; 02-03-2005 at 11:41 PM.

10. Games   -   #10
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    wait , I was actually able to play CSS on six steam , with an account that didnt use any cd key; after the recent update. So yeah, CSS works for me without a cd key :-/
    Last edited by Formula1; 02-04-2005 at 01:11 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast