Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: :ph34r: I think someones haxored my identity

namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    I got a letter this morning from Marks & Spencers Money stating that they have recieved an application in my name and would like to confirm the details with me.
    The finishing paragraph of the letter:

We know that you would want the Credit Industry to do everything possible to prevent the miss-use of you details and to enable us to do this, it is important that you respond to this letter.
    Problem is, I aint applied for no loan

I'm trying to phone em now but I have been on hold for the past 15 minutes listening to some horrible lift music with the message "thank you for your patitence, we are currently experiencing high call volumes, please continue to hold and on of our representives will be with you as soon as possible." cutting in every 30 seconds

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Well, you gotta' reach them, 'cos it's gonna' be a bitch if someone gets away with getting the loan in your name.

It's no lark having to prove you didn't do it, in american courts these days.

That's what I hear anyway.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    I hope its easier in the UK then
    I'm still on hold 32 minutes and counting, I now want to maim the woman who supplied the voice for the hold message

4. Lounge   -   #4
    zedaxax's Avatar ___________
    while your waitning for them to pick up(check you sig for confirmation)...send an email.
    Get the persons ip adress etc

5. Lounge   -   #5
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    I'm not even sure it was an online application and they didnt leave a contact e-mail on the letter. I've hung up after 40 minutes, I'll have to leave it till the morning. What worries me the most is if a professional conmans cloned my ID, he's not gonna be trying to get just one loan.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    zedaxax's Avatar ___________
    naive suggestion
    -call or go to the police?
    so it is atleast registered(paperwise) - that on this day, and on this hour - you called to declare a crime.
    could help for later

7. Lounge   -   #7
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Not bad idea but that'll have to wait untill morning as well, I've got no chance of getting through to the station on a friday night.
    Last edited by namzuf9; 02-04-2005 at 08:55 PM.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by namzuf9
    I hope its easier in the UK then
    I'm still on hold 32 minutes and counting, I now want to maim the woman who supplied the voice for the hold message
    It said the armpit of the universe on your location, so I naturally assumed...

9. Lounge   -   #9
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    I finally got hold of M&S this morning and it turns out that my identity has not been cloned.
    Some dude in Reading used my name an address to apply for a loan. It turns out that on the application he put down that he has only been living in Reading for 2 months and used my address as a previous residence.
    The bar steward

10. Lounge   -   #10
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by namzuf9
    I finally got hold of M&S this morning and it turns out that my identity has not been cloned.
    Some dude in Reading used my name an address to apply for a loan. It turns out that on the application he put down that he has only been living in Reading for 2 months and used my address as a previous residence.
    The bar steward
    I wish you the best of luck,it can be a pain in the ass,dealing with situations
    like this...I say off with the cretins testicles...ffs

Peace bd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast