Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: weird problem: monitor goes into powersave while gaming.

lynx's Avatar .
    What version of DirectX are you running, and where did you get it?

I've seen something similar once, the problem was that the game was taking control of the keyboard and mouse and there was no notification that any activity was taking place, so the power save cut in. Of course, even then moving the mouse/pressing keys was still intercepted by the game so it wouldn't come out of powersave.

That was in a specific game, so assuming the same thing happens with more than one game it seems likely that either DirectX (or some other piece of activity monitoring software) is causing the problem.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Yes lynx, but he should be able to turn off any power saving features of his system.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    Yes lynx, but he should be able to turn off any power saving features of his system.
    Agreed, but that cures the symptom, not the cause. I imagine he wants to find the cause too so that he can eliminate it.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    running dx9.0, i've emailed both ati and soltek about the problem but they haven't responded yet... still waiting on both of em.

figured out that it wasn't the power supply being undersized, i swapped out a friends 500watt psu and the same problem occured.

this is getting annoying. i'm thinking about flashing the mb bios back to a older one as it came shipped with the newest one from soltek... at this point i have nothing to lose.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Don't flash to an older BIOS revision. Your 90nm CPU requires the new revision to function properly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12