Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Lockdown

Poster
    You could use something like Direct Connect, let people know your name on there and they can download directly from you. (In fact they can do a search for the name and do it that way). It may help if you tell people the hub you are connected to.

That way you host the movie yourself, but still allow people to get a direct connection. You can also open up as many slots as you want, depending on your bandwidth. If there are a few of you interested you can all host the file and let people know your names / hubs.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    It never ceases to amaze me that if you sit around and do nothing
    long enough, a solution will present itself.

After installing a new Kazaa Lite, I found that it came with a little
    program called KaZuperNodes. This program allows you find the
    supernode that your .dat files originated and connect to that supernode.

I'll try to explain how to do this although I just figured it out myself.
    First get the new Kazaa Lite. (duh)
    Next start KaZuperNodes and click on File and click
    "Extract SN IP's of dat file"
    Then open the dat file.
    In the list should be at least one item.
    Next click the button with the lightning bolt that says "Check Status"
    After it does that double click the supernode that says Lockdown
    since I'm a supernode right now.
    Then over on the bottom part of the side panel click "Check Status"
    again then click "Connect to New Supernode" then it should connect
    you to me and should start downloading the movie.
    If this doesn't work then I don't know what I'm doing.
    Of course I don't know what I'm doing half the time anyway.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Poster
    Originally posted by Lockdown@18 April 2003 - 17:19
    ...After installing a new Kazaa Lite, I found that it came with a little ...

....program called KaZuperNodes....
    I can't find the newest version (or correct version) of KaZaALite. I don't want to download a homemade hacked version.

Where can I get that. I currently have version 2.1.0

About that supernode thing. Where do I find that program in Kazaalite?

4. Lounge   -   #44
    The Passion
    here goes, but I'm no expert....

First off, yes, version 2.1.0 is the most recent one that Lockdown is refferring to, so you're all set with that one.

Second, I noticed that the KaZuperNodes program isn't checked by default in the setup/install process, so you have to actually check it so that it'll install. Once you install it with the program, it should be right on the home page in the 'Web' section, right next to 'Detect SuperNode'.

Aside from that, all you need to know is what Lockdown posted.

Hope that helped, it should greatly improve your chances of finding that movie, which I'm really glad you haven't given up on yet!

btw, I'm also a supernode now, and I'm at Loomis@KaZaA; I have 'Lockdown' and I'm always online.

So again, good luck, and happy viewing!!

Yours truly.

- Julien the Fairy

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Poster
    Do I have to re-install K-Lite just to have KaZuperNodes appear?

6. Lounge   -   #46
    The Passion
    i'm not really, sure, I just got it today.....but, considering that your settings are all saved when you re-install over it, it shouldn't be too much of a hastle

But, I doubt that we're able to install components separately, so i would have to say yes, we must re-install KaZaA to get access to that tool...

Trust me though, it's worth it! It makes makes any uncomplete download (.dat file) alot easier to find, without having to constantly jump SuperNodes, as I know you've tried.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Poster
    Originally posted by Loomis@19 April 2003 - 04:54
    i'm not really, sure, I just got it today.....but,  considering that your settings are all saved when you re-install over it, it shouldn't be too much of a hastle

But, I doubt that we're able to install components separately, so i would have to say yes, we must re-install KaZaA to get access to that tool...

Trust me though, it's worth it!  It makes makes any uncomplete download (.dat file) alot easier to find, without having to constantly jump SuperNodes, as I know you've tried.
    Thanks!

-----
    Oh, where did you get the name "LOOMIS" from? I used to run a very popular website, years ago, called "Rhemis Link Page", Featuring Rhemis, Loomis and Hannis. It was so popular, I had to shut it down. The traffic was slowing my ISP, affecting other customer's services.

8. Lounge   -   #48
    The Passion
    Actually, it was after having seen CKY2K!
    There's a character named Loomis Falle in the movie, and in a certain scene, in which they do a parody of a 1-800-Collect commercial, his attire (A mullet, really tight and haggard pants and a beat-up old T-shirt) was thought to be quite funny by my fellow Lockdown Co-'Stars'. They thought that I was the nearest thing amongst us all to that guy. So, I, being the fairy that I am, recieved the nickname Loomis, and it stuck!

We all have nicknames in our band (same idea as what Sum*41 did with themselves: Bizzy D, Brownsound, Cone, Stevo32) and mine's Loomis.

Sorry that I was never able to see your site, let alone inspire my name with it....

But good luck with finding Lockdown! I hope that tip helped. You've been a trooper for this flick since the start!
    Thanks, on behalf of all the guys of Lockdown.

9. Lounge   -   #49
    trulyspotti's Avatar Member
    Im am an online jackass

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Holy crap!!!
    Bumped all the way to the 4th page!!!
    This post is just to put it on the top of the pile again.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast