Thread: Hashes....what's The Deal...

Poster
    It's been a while since I've been here, so what's up all. Ok..back to my beef.....What's the deal with the hashes?....If you ain't gonna share don't bother posting your hash. It's ridiculous and a waste of time.."Don't you think"..
    I currently and have been sharing all my files for weeks at a time until I get to the point of either deleting them to make space for others or putting on cd's. That way theres always an updated list. I dont know.....is it just me or does it seem like there are more leechers out there nowadays than before.. I guess all the news that Kazaa has opened up on themselves has a attracted a new generation of leechers/losers.
    Anyway, I think I proved my point...and thats why this will probably be my last post and am on the search for new ways of getting/sharing stuff. I'm tired of getting leeched off of and getting nothing in returned. Later guys.....

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Just cause you dont see files, doesn't necessarily mean they are not sharing, not everyone uses the same version. Guess you've been away alot longer than you thought. Read up on the latest developments, etc. Things have changed B)

Better served in discussions, not Verified Hashes. ~MOVED~
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    Well, i don't think the amount of leechers is increasing, i'd say it's about the same as ever. The thing that i don't like though is that people who post hashes do so meaninglessly. They usually don't even have the file shared, even if it's a rare file. Also, if they release a file onto FastTrack, they don't unshare everything but the released file(s), instead, they keep everything shared so that most ppl download popular movies from them and can't get a slot to dl the rare released file(s). Some ppl also post 'verifieds' without actually verifying them, but just because of a hypothesis that the file is the correct one. I think that's the problem of FastTrack these days... you can't trust a verified file anymore than you can trust a file that you find in manual search (i assume that whoever does the manual search uses some common sense and wouldn't dl something that was 300 megs and said 'Splinter Cell FULL' or something like that).

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I've said this before but...

I usually never get a movie from a hash. I just use the hash as a reference point(actually the file size from the hash).
    Just auto search more till I have plenty of choices, compare sizes and dl the file with the most sources and sometimes also the one with the highest bandwidth(if more then one version of the same filesize exists). Then I keep the one that finished first.
    I have also never dl'd a fake from verifieds at this forum but can't speak for fast track, I rarely use it.

Just because you can't get the file with the hash does not mean the person isn't shareing. Could just mean you are not on the same node as them.

Do as CornerPocket says and check out all the new advantages of k++ and see what you think
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Hey all ...sorry for the way I came out...must have been in a bad mood when I posted this...anyway,,,I decided to go back to my old website which I had said I was gonna keep updated and didnt...and see if I can do it this time......it's been awhile but it'll come back to me. Hey maybe I'll break my record of 2 months of updating the site...am going for 3 maybe longer this time....lol........anyway this is what it looks as of now....Agent's Place....let me know what you guys think....

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    So far all I can see is some text with links I cannot see at the top(just square boxes in the corner).

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Sorry....just found out what happened.....everything should be ok now......almost got some updates up as I was fixing the site but i have to get ready to go to work..so maybe later tonight....but everything is fine as of now..let me know what u guys think