Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is kazaa still around

hiall
    hi all

i used to have kazaa lite ++ 2.44 until nov 2004 when an apparent fault with the program cropped up and i was no longer able to start kazaa i formatted my hd and downloaded many kazaa programs from various sites which all ended in tears with the same error ( i love kazaa) i have just downloaded a copy of kaza++2.4 after giving up on kl++ mid dec 04 i have just installed it and the program started with no errors except i am unable to connect to the internet my question is is the kazaa network shutdown , i know that there was a lot of problems with sharmen
    or are there people still using kazaa++ any help or an explaination would make my day as i would love to know what if anything has/had happened
    cheers/thanks/gratsius

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    No, the Kazaa network (known as fasttrack) has not been shut down, its most likley a problem with your internet connection (router, firewall) or your copies of Kazaa. In our Kazaa lite section we have links to *working* versions of the program and many guides to help you with the program. I susgest you sign up and post your problem in the Kazaa section as you will get many users who are far more experienced with the program offering their help.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    There's way too many viruses/trojans and fake/corrupt files on the kazaa network anyway.
    I'd start looking into newer p2p programs like ares, emule, and bittorrent. Bittorrent is the best for new vmovies, albums, programs, etc. Emule has a wide range of stuff but mainly old(er) things. Ares is a lot like kazaa lite but there aren't many fake files on it (i use it for single music files[not albums]).

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    If you decide to stick with KL++ you should first try to update the Supernodes which can be done with THIS or through other methods metioned in the KL section...

Enjoy The Board.
    Last edited by RealitY; 02-06-2005 at 02:13 AM.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    limewire is also great

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    Kazaa is still alive. Although the network is kinda screwed. Anywayz, try out K-Lite 2.7 at http://www.my-k-lite.com Its the newest version of clean Kazaa with a whole bunch of new features. Its in dev too. In fact, a new version was just released today/yesterday.
    blah blah blah... whatever...

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Morning Dew
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishtawiman
    Kazaa is still alive. Although the network is kinda screwed. Anywayz, try out K-Lite 2.7 at http://www.my-k-lite.com Its the newest version of clean Kazaa with a whole bunch of new features. Its in dev too. In fact, a new version was just released today/yesterday.
    I just tryed that link and my PG wouldn't let me link to it..Does that mean that is a trap? I might just be alittle over cautions...I'd love to get it back..but it I have tryed everything.

I lost my Kazaa-lite ++ when my hard drive crashed and I haven't been able to get it back. I finally got my PG 1.99 back..Thank goodness! I love you people...I don't know what I'd do without PG. Peace~

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Get KLite HERE then install THIS if you still want to use it...
    Last edited by RealitY; 02-08-2005 at 05:08 AM.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    If I were you, I'd seriously ditch Kazaa and start looking at these easy to use programs:

Ares
    BitTorrent
    Emule/Edonkey

And if you are really into downloading/uploading and want things really really fast, I highly recommend checking out Newsgroups, check to see if your ISP supports it or not.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Über1337z0r :P
    Take KCeasy, it's Kazaa network, LimeWire network, and another one!
    Last edited by DyingToLive; 02-08-2005 at 06:21 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast