Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lunx Burnt To Cd But Nothing Happens

it dosent autorun and there is no .exe to run a setup. ni lunx is different file types but what do i do?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Lord of the KLF
    do u mean linux? if so then it wont auto run in windows as it is a seperate os and needs installing from a boot disc

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Wizzanabe u are the biggest n00b either your a fucking dumbass or your retarded.

This is the second time u spell linux wrong and your a n00b.

You cant even burn a cd its so sad. How about just get .iso and burn it and it should work or is that to hard to get through your head.

Your an annoyance!!!!!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Lord of the KLF
    ok right i assume we have established that he was talking about linux then well in that case u usually just have to run the cd at boot up (before windows loads) u may have to tell ur bios to load from cd and then just follow the set up feature, now from what i have read i seriously recommend that u have a second partition for linux as it is not the most user friendly operation system on the planet and can get very technical at times so its important that u have a nice and user friendly os to fall back on

which distro are u trying?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by the-ninja69@3 April 2003 - 00:52
    Wizzanabe u are the biggest n00b either your a fucking dumbass or your retarded.

You cant even burn a cd its so sad. How about just get .iso and burn it and it should work or is that to hard to get through your head.

Your an annoyance!!!!!
    I don't think that was necessary.
    Simply don't reply if you're annoyed with somebody's post.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    ninja-69 you are blatantly the "n00b" as you put it.... personally i think you are the thick skulled one.

Wizzandabe,

why do you need linux ? what will you use it for ? <--- If you answer these with a "Dont know" then you dont need linux. Linux, as someone has stated is another Operating System (or os). You have to configure your system proerly to run Linux, and while its not too hard, if you dont know what you are doing then its best to leave it be.

There is an alternative to Linux, which is called Knoppix. This is a self - booting Linux OS, which u put into your CD Rom and then re-boot... hopefully ur system will be set to boot from CD ROM and if this is the case, Linux will start up and configure itself for you without too much of a problem. This may be the way to go if you just want a little peek at how Linux looks.

Now... Ninja-69 i think you should stop being a thick ended twat of a boy and grow up a little bit. Stop abusing people who are not blessed with your wealth of knowledge and try to sound as if you have a brain.

Hope this helps Wizzandabe

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by the-ninja69@3 April 2003 - 00:52

Your an annoyance&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    wow dude u have a mager atatude problem this is the 2nd thread u posted to like this in as many days

see this thread

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Linux has it&#39;s own filesystem.
    Use Partition Magic to make a Linux-partition,
    once you have done that you should have no problem installing any version of Linux.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Personally i think you should do a bit more research before you install linux. or at least a friend who be able to help if things go wrong.

I have had so many screw ups getting linux running that unless you are prepaired to reinstall everything i would leave well alone.

It has taught me a great deal about how computers run so it is worth a good look but you must be prepaired to read alot.

installation help

I would also have a good look through the linux documentation project and the guide on bootloaders would be a must read as well.

@the-ninja69 please try to help people. that kinda post is unwelcome here.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by the-ninja69@2 April 2003 - 23:52

Your an annoyance&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    lamo, what did you think i did i got all 5 iso&#39;s.

oh yea and who was it that said what is lunx, &#39;is it a os&#39;

lamo

and do i give a shit if i spell it rong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast