Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Prozac died............

backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    Some people don't understand that rabbits don't need to be locked in cages. They can be potty trained and allowed to run free. I took Hobbes to the local park. When it was time to go, I could call him back.
    How do you guys find animals that will obey like that? If I ever took my cats outside I don't know if they would run back in or run away. I wouldn't take that chance...especially with all the cars. When I watch animal planet I wonder how they have ppl come in the ER with their cats in their arms and they aren't figitty or anything. must be nice!

I think it's cool that you could take your bunnies to the park...sounds like a lot of fun!

2. Lounge   -   #32
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Quote Originally Posted by backlash
    How do you guys find animals that will obey like that? If I ever took my cats outside I don't know if they would run back in or run away. I wouldn't take that chance...especially with all the cars. When I watch animal planet I wonder how they have ppl come in the ER with their cats in their arms and they aren't figitty or anything. must be nice!

I think it's cool that you could take your bunnies to the park...sounds like a lot of fun!
    It's not so much they obey, but more they want to be with you/your home

(and food!!!!).

And if you saw prozac roam the camping, chasing cats and even playing with

my horses(!), you wouldn't want it any other way.

Fre and me allways say: rather a short, but fullfilled and cheerfull life for our

pets, than a caged life.....

Though i can imagine people in the city keeping their cats inside, we would

allways choose for their freedom....

And, yes, it has caused me/us quite some heartaches at times.

But like a song says:

If you love somebody, set them free.

I am going to bury prozac now............ :crying:

Yogi

3. Lounge   -   #33
    brenda's Avatar Reborn again BT Rep: +3
    :sad:

I'm so sad to hear this Yogi, Prozac was ace, I even have pics of him saved to disk.

On a positive note reading this thread has brought back many happy memories of my bunny 'tiptoe' my 1st pet I remember picking him because he was the runt of the litter, everyone tyied to pursuade me to choose a healthy one but I 'knew' that tiptoe needed me. He had poorly eyes and I had to bathe them every couple of days......... I had the pleasure of his company for 7 years

He lived in a large run in the garden and also had a large cage, if I'd have had my way he would have been a house rabbit free to roam but I was only a child at the time. Even so we had our stealth projects........ I had a playroom in the loft above my bedroom which was only accesible by ladder, so I made a special 'sling' for tiptoe and would hoist him into the loft with me

He's with you in spirit yogs
    rest in peace Prozac
    Last edited by brenda; 02-09-2005 at 03:37 PM.
    This fate is worse than death. Condemned to live out existence in a vessel incapable of sustaining my true glory. How am I to function with such limitation? - Illyria

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Quote Originally Posted by brenda
    :sad:

I'm so sad to hear this Yogi, Prozac was ace, I even have pics of him saved to disk.

On a positive note reading this thread has brought back many happy memories of my bunny 'tiptoe' my 1st pet I remember picking him because he was the runt of the litter, everyone tyied to pursuade me to choose a healthy one but I 'knew' that tiptoe needed me. He had poorly eyes and I had to bathe them every couple of days......... I had the pleasure of his company for 7 years

He lived in a large run in the garden and also had a large cage, if I'd have had my way he would have been a house rabbit free to roam but I was only a child at the time. Even so we had our stealth projects........ I had a playroom in the loft above my bedroom which was only accesible by ladder, so I made a special 'sling' for tiptoe and would hoist him into the loft with me

He's with you in spirit yogs
    rest in peace Prozac

Thanks heaps, Bren.

You're ace yourself!!

Just had Zakkie's (how i allways called him.....) funeral; made him a mountain

like he had in his run and i've put some bread and berryblossom with him.

On top of the mountain is moohhhh, a statue he allways was laying next on

the mountain of moohhh...........

Must admit i never cried like i did the last two days.

Still see him running everywhere......... :crying:

On top of that Fre was fired today.......

So we're taking a few days at sea with Fre's parents, who live there in the

winter, and let the wind blow through our hair........

Thanks again, you're a sweetheart!!!

Yogi

5. Lounge   -   #35
    brenda's Avatar Reborn again BT Rep: +3
    for Fre
    This fate is worse than death. Condemned to live out existence in a vessel incapable of sustaining my true glory. How am I to function with such limitation? - Illyria

6. Lounge   -   #36
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    have fun in the open waters! It's a very soothing place to be.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Shame about the wabbit, they are cool little critters, I've had a couple myself.

Always harsh when they go.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Oh, just saw this, Yogi. so sorry for you and fre. It's obvious that you loved your bunny very much, and it is haard to say goodbye to these dear lovable creatures.
    Perhaps a good time to take a few days by the sea. Again, so sorry.
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234