Thread: CWShredder 2.13

Retired
    A small utility for removing CoolWebSearch (aka CoolWwwSearch, YouFindAll, White-Pages.ws and a dozen other names). The CoolWebSearch Chronicles detail the variants of the browser hijacker known as CoolWebSearch (CWS). CoolWebSearch is known to be one of the most difficult spyware infections to detect and remove.

CoolWebSearch has evolved as a series of ‘variants’, each somewhat different than its predecessors, with the later variants significantly more complex to detect and remove. It is believed that the reason why new variants of CoolWebSearch are regularly released is to avoid or defeat attempts to remove it from a computer which it has infected.

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownloa...load-8114.html

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    My comp is clean, thank god

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    mine is clean, too. It's a very effective tool against this particular piece of spyware! I've used it many times. Thanks IKE
    Last edited by backlash; 02-09-2005 at 02:40 AM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    I had and ran 2.12. Always clean. Ran 2.13 said everything was clean. Then next screen said removed (don't remember) so so variant CW search & press this to reboot & complete removal. Weird. But it worked!