Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm a human pin cushion

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Wow-what clued you that something was amiss, Lilmiss?

(That was not an attempt to be "punnish")
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    The lower part of my tum has been aching and cramping alot, I feel sick but I'm not, I've have diarrhea and seem to passing alot of piddle. I feel like I'm burning up when I'm cold to touch too.

All in all, feeling pretty shitty.
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilmiss
    The lower part of my tum has been aching and cramping alot, I feel sick but I'm not, I've have diarrhea and seem to passing alot of piddle. I feel like I'm burning up when I'm cold to touch too.

All in all, feeling pretty shitty.

Doesn't sound like appendicitis. If that were suspected you would have either been taken straight to the operating room or given a CT scan if your symptoms were not classic. You would never be sent home.

If you would even consider drinking alcohol, you don't have it. With appendicitis the body develops a strong aversion to food or drink of any kind. The bowel stops contracting and it would unlikely that you would get diarrhea, more likely vomiting.

Sounds to me like run of the mill inflammation of the intestines. Not pleasant, but not something you need to get an operation for.

BTW, fingers up the bum are not a way to diagnose this condition. You might do this in a male to look for inflammation of the prostate. The appendix is far from the anus.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    get lilmiss to the hospital!

sorry I just felt like posting that smiley

5. Lounge   -   #25
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Been checked for urinary tract infection? Appendicistis..you'd have a temp, I think. Hobbes is quite right. If they suspected that, you'd have been checked in to the hospital,,they wouldn't want to chance a burst appendix.
    Hope you feel better lilmiss..sounds like a real drag.
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    BTW, fingers up the bum are not a way to diagnose this condition. You might do this in a male to look for inflammation of the prostate. The appendix is far from the anus.
    Oh ffs, it's a way to make sure it isn't something else, sometimes they have to check if it isn't something else, and one way to do it is to stick their fingers up someone's bum.

I haven't had the "pleasure" myself, for which I'm very thankful, but I know several people who have been subjected to the treatment and who were later diagnosed with appendicitis.

A link, please to note what the exam will entail.

They won't have to do it if they are absolutely certain, but it's a fairly common practice when they are not.

And her symptoms were prolly too vague to keep her there on the off-chance that it was appendicitis, and she was due to go back for more tests, it doesn't mean that it absolutely can't be what affects her, tho' her last description makes me guess it's something else.
    Last edited by Snee; 02-11-2005 at 04:26 PM.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    The good news is they didn't stick their fingers up me bum.
    Oh no, they went elsewhere.

My urine test came back negative, but my blood is showing some kind of infection. The swab results are due back in a week, but if I get any shooting pains, I've been told to go hospital. They don't think it is appendicitis, but just in case.

They have given me 2 courses of anti-biotics to take, one 3 times a day and the other twice.

Now....how do I change the title of this thread to, "I'm a pill popper."

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Pm a mod?

Glad you got something for it, and hey, be glad it isn't cancer.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    They don't know what it is yet, but I'm allowed to eat again.

The nurse who did the internal, asked if someone had forced themself on me as my cervix is red raw.

I'm meant to be at a poker night, tonight.
    Hmmmm.....

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    Pm a mod?

Glad you got something for it, and hey, be glad it isn't cancer.

Yuppers, or a heart attack like me dad had week ago [smart]Makes you think sometimes how well we are designed [/smart]

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast