Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: the fashion police will get you

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    RICHMOND, Virginia (AP) -- Virginians who wear their pants so low their underwear shows may want to think about investing in a stronger belt.

The state's House of Delegates passed a bill Tuesday authorizing a $50 fine for anyone who displays his or her underpants in a "lewd or indecent manner."

Del. Lionell Spruill Sr., a Democrat who opposed the bill, had pleaded with his colleagues to remember their own youthful fashion follies.

During an extended monologue Monday, he talked about how they dressed or wore their hair in their teens. On Tuesday, he said the measure was an unconstitutional attack on young blacks that would force parents to take off work to accompany their children to court just for making a fashion statement.

"This is a foolish bill, Mr. Speaker, because it will hurt so many," Spruill said before the measure was approved 60-34. It now goes to the state Senate.

The bill's sponsor, Del. Algie T. Howell, has said constituents were offended by the exposed underwear. He did not speak on the floor Tuesday.

Spruill and Howell, also a Democrat, are both black.

The answer is....GO COMMANDO

source
    Last edited by vidcc; 02-10-2005 at 04:26 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    but what about plumbers when they bend over?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by 15%
    they already have that in their certification

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Quote Originally Posted by 15%
    I heard about this on the radio yesterday. What they said about the plumbers is that they don’t intentionally try to show their underwear so they don’t apply to the law. So I guess that if everyone who wants to dress like that has on a plumber’s shirt and nothing could be done about it. To steal a line from Busyman this is a bullshit law. What a waste of time to try and figure out weather someone intentionally wanted to moon you are not.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Hell, I'd be willing to vote on a "shot on sight" bill for retards like this...

Alittle strap over the top from a girl is alright, and even hot sometimes, but the guys that intentionally pull their jeans down to show off their boxer's should be as I said, "shot on sight".

(edit: whoops... typing in a hurry, guess I can't spell today.)
    Last edited by Damnatory; 02-10-2005 at 06:12 PM.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Damnatory
    Hell, I'd be willing to vote on a "shot on site" bill for retards like this...

Alittle strap over the top from a girl is alright, and even hot sometimes, but the guys that intentionally pull their jeans down to show off their boxer's should be as I said, "shot on site".
    What site?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese
    What site?
    http://research.microsoft.com/displa...le.aspx?id=598

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Damnatory
    Hell, I'd be willing to vote on a "shot on site" bill for retards like this...

Alittle strap over the top from a girl is alright, and even hot sometimes, but the guys that intentionally pull their jeans down to show off their boxer's should be as I said, "shot on site".
    I find the fashion silly, just as the older generation found our dress choices silly when I was young. The only thing that is even more silly is this new bill.
    I would like to know why you use the word "retards"? and just what you find offensive about seeing the tops of boxer shorts?. After all they are not showing their genitals.
    As I said it's something to mock, it is not something to get offended over.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese
    What site?

this site

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Damn's_bbygirl's Avatar Damn's babygirl
    Corn-fed, Home-grown girl-next-door kinda geek
    I dont mind so much about the boxers, but the women who wear their thongs up around their waist and their pants down by their hips. Its just down-right slutty if you ask me!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast