Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lokitorrent gone!!!!

Poster
    Check the CSS and HTML - it's been done in Dreamweaver.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanthus
    He made a ton a money and managed to sell his domain for a lot of money. It appears he sold out to the community.

Good thing torrentspy is still going strong. It's still the most popular torrent community right now.
    It won't last long man......Believe me when torrentspy got shut down.....BT DAYS WILL BE OVER!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Retired
    sameer0807 please stop crying, there are enough other private bittorrent websites.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    MPAA MEMBER STUDIOS FILE SECOND ROUND OF LAWSUITS AGAINST MAJOR P2P SERVER OPERATORS THAT FACILITATE GLOBAL MOVIE PIRACY

Austria joins list of countries aggressively pursuing criminal actions against illegal file-trading servers; LokiTorrent server settles litigation

Washington, DC; Encino – In the second major offensive against operators who use BitTorrent and eDonkey servers to facilitate the rampant theft of filmed entertainment, the Motion Picture Association of America, Inc. (MPAA) today announced that its member companies have initiated another series of lawsuits and proceedings aimed at disabling those illegal servers. The MPAA member companies have also taken legal action against commercial websites that are profiting from the infringement of the studios’ copyrighted motion pictures.

“With our first round of lawsuits and legal actions against these individuals who facilitate the theft of movies online, often for their own personal gain, we were able to seriously hamper the traffic on these sites or completely shut them down,” said John G. Malcolm, Senior Vice President and Director, Worldwide Anti-Piracy Operations, MPAA. “That was one step—and a successful one—against these individuals, and today’s announcement should demonstrate that we plan to be equally vigilant against anyone caught operating one of these websites. And as these actions prove, we will catch them.”

In addition the MPAA announced that law enforcement authorities in Austria joined Hong Kong, Finland, France and the Netherlands as countries that have taken criminal action against operators of such servers in their own countries.

The MPAA's efforts to date have resulted in a 40 percent reduction in the number of servers that continue to operate. One such site that will no longer exist is LokiTorrent—one of the largest BitTorrent host servers. The operator of that site, Edward Webber, agreed to not only pay a substantial settlement with even greater financial penalties for any further such actions, but by Court Order must provide the MPAA with access to and copies of all logs and server data related to his illegal BitTorrent activities, which will provide a roadmap to others who have used LokiTorrent to engage in illegal activities.

BitTorrent and eDonkey are examples of newer kinds of peer-to-peer file-trading networks that have proliferated recently, which rely on servers (termed BitTorrent "trackers" and eDonkey "servers") to index and efficiently deliver files of all kinds. The operators being targeted by these actions have misused this technology by knowingly assisting online pirates to disseminate hundreds of millions of illegal copies of movies and television programs.

“The MPAA and its member companies believe that these actions will not only stem the theft of our intellectual property, but will allow these new technologies to be used for the proper, legal and constructive purposes they were created for, without being subverted into a haven for criminal activity,” said Malcolm.

The MPAA also announced today that it will be sending takedown notices pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act to Internet service providers that host eDonkey servers that are being used to facilitate copyright infringement. They also filed suits against four pirate websites. The operators of these sites charge their customers subscription fees in exchange for substantial assistance in locating and downloading infringing copies of copyrighted motion pictures, including films owned by the MPAAA member companies. The four sites are: www.brandnewmovies.com; www.moviepros.net; www.downloadmuch.com; www.downloaditall.com.

These actions are only the latest step in the MPAA’s multi-pronged fight against online piracy. Other initiatives have included educational outreach to parents, consumers, university administrators and students as well as high school and elementary school children; anti-piracy legislation to toughen penalties; support of criminal law enforcement initiatives against egregious online and hard goods motion picture pirates; litigation against individual online file traders; and development of new technologies to detect and prevent piracy. The MPAA’s member studios have also been strong supporters of, and investors in, legal movie download services and technologies such as MovieLink, CinemaNow and MovieBeam which provide a safe, attractive and economical alternative to piracy.

About Piracy in the Film Industry
    It is estimated that the film industry lost approximately $3.5 billion to movie piracy in 2004, a total that does not include losses due to illegal file sharing online. According to a Smith Barney study, that number is expected to jump to $5.4 billion in 2005. By deeply cutting into revenues, movie piracy limits the choices for consumers at the box office. Sixty percent of all movies never recoup their production and marketing costs which average well over $100 million. Piracy also hurts the hundreds of thousands of individuals whose jobs depend on a vital movie industry, including sound and lighting technicians, carpenters, and theatre and video store employees.

About the MPAA
    The Motion Picture Association of America, Inc. (MPAA) serves as the voice and advocate of the American motion picture, home video and television industries from its offices in Los Angeles and Washington, D.C. Its members include Buena Vista Pictures Distribution, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc., Paramount Pictures, Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, Universal City Studios LLLP, and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.

# # #

For more information, please contact:
    Phuong Yokitis
    MPAA Washington, DC
    202-293-1966

Anne Caliguiri
    MPAA Encino
    818-995-6600

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    sameer0807 please stop crying, there are enough other private bittorrent websites.
    lol....ur right mate!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Expire's Avatar Problem solved...
    Quote Originally Posted by sameer0807
    It won't last long man......Believe me when torrentspy got shut down.....BT DAYS WILL BE OVER!
    i have the same feeling man, eveything just seems so fucked up at the moment and it doesent seem to be settling down.

it just ugly

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Public sites are definately more at risk than private sites. But these things have a habit of popping up all the time. Its just a case of keep your eye on the ball.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    LokiTorrent fed the torrent hunger of 680,000 active registered members and dealt with 1.8 million hits per day. They were the only website to stand and fight the MPAA after the pre-Christmas shutdowns. Or so the community, who donated $40,000 legal aid, thought.

Either $40, 000 is not enough to fight, or the MPAA have given Edward Webber, the site owner, a better offer.

“This website has been permanently shut down by court order because it facilitates the illegal downloading of copyrighted motion pictures,” an MPAA notice on Lokitorrent.com now reads.

Torrentstop, LokiTorrent's lighter sister which is also run by Webber, displays the same notice.

Sources close to Webber have confirmed that the shutdown by the MPAA is permanent. The case will not go to trail. No more information is available at this stage due to a court gagging order.

Update: LokiTorrent administrator Edward Webber has agreed to pay a substantial fine and to provide all BitTorrent activity logs of its former users. This comes as a serious betrayal to those who felt that LokiTorrent intended to fight the MPAA lawsuit. From the MPAA press release:

The MPAA's efforts to date have resulted in a 40 percent reduction in the number of servers that continue to operate. One such site that will no longer exist is LokiTorrent—one of the largest BitTorrent host servers. The operator of that site, Edward Webber, agreed to not only pay a substantial settlement with even greater financial penalties for any further such actions, but by Court Order must provide the MPAA with access to and copies of all logs and server data related to his illegal BitTorrent activities, which will provide a roadmap to others who have used LokiTorrent to engage in illegal activities.

Hollywood has a record of avoiding the difficulties of proving their victims guilty. As a substitute, they intimidate both P2P users and leaders by making offers which can not be refused.

Webber’s intention to stand and fight have been under scrutiny since the website was found for sale on US Netco SEDO, complete with the details of 680, 000 active members. Webber claimed to be testing the water, saying he did not mean to cause a stir.

The loss is another blow to BitTorrent, and file sharing as a whole, which has lost many of the main P2P websites over the last few months. Nonetheless, it is a community which has survived the loss of SuprNova and Youceff, returning virtually unscathed on the other side.

Source: http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=661
    blah blah blah... whatever...

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    Quote Originally Posted by Expire
    i have the same feeling man, eveything just seems so fucked up at the moment and it doesent seem to be settling down.

it just ugly
    your avatar says it all,

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    I dunno {I}{K}{E} is tellin me not cry, but after hearing more news on lawsuits by MPAA, I can't help myself!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast