Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Programs That Won't Work In Xp

RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    I know I tried Iomega Hotburn on XP, and couldn't get it to work. Not a big deal if your using Nero or something like that, but I use Iomega to get the track titles to show on my CD player without having to be programed

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Poster
    Only game that I have not been able to get working is Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2. Yea 3 is cool but I still like 2 as well. That sucks. THen again I dual boot with win99 so I can play fine.

cya,
    Will

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    neevakee's Avatar the bad spelller BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    there is a way to run older games on xp by right cliking on .exe for the game and enable it to run in the compatiablity mode a good majority of older games should work. But dont hold me to this i have only heard this from others

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    When I upgraded to xp I didn't have any software issues. The problem was hardware. My printers, Video game controllers and alot of USB devices. The thing that pissed me off was i had a microsoft precision pro 2 ( joystick made BY MICROSOFT ) and it no longer works. Man WTF!! what a joke.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by Blue_Seraphim@5 April 2003 - 23:48
    When I upgraded to xp I didn't have any software issues. The problem was hardware. My printers, Video game controllers and alot of USB devices. The thing that pissed me off was i had a microsoft precision pro 2 ( joystick made BY  MICROSOFT ) and it no longer works. Man WTF!! what a joke.
    That's another one of my big concerns. Will I be able to use my Gravis Eliminator in XP? Will my ancient Plustek scanner still work? What about Dazzle - I hear bad things about that. Anyone?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    masta.z's Avatar Canadian Scot
    XP has a compatability mode enabling any games/software to be run by selecting the properties of the *.exe file and choosing compatabilites ---> then run in mode ........ allowing you to run 95, 98, ME, 2000 progs on XP if you have any problems atleast it's worked for me so far, but then again it is made by microsoft....... hope this helps

I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war // if you can tell me something worth fighting for

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Windows 2000 Pro all the way!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123