Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Programs That Won't Work In Xp

Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    I'm considering upgrading from 98 to XP. Before I do, I'd like to know if you guys know of any programs that definately won't work in XP.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    noooooooooooooo keep 98!.... 98! 98! lol

i know that xp doesnt allow chrome and neogeo doesnt work on it

i dunt have xp but thatz wat i heard

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    I only definately know Grand Theft Auto 2. All new-er games will work with XP. Give us a list of programs or games that you want and we'll see if we know whether they're compatible or not.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    dunt upgrade.... noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lol save 98!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Keep 98?? No fargin way... 98 is the most unstable peice of junk currently used today...

If you want rock-solid stability, get 2000 (Pro).

If you want stabilty and gaming, get XP (Pro, NOT Home).

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    actaully there is a neogeo fix out there to work on xp.....my neighbour has it....i'll post the hash tomorrow......as for gamin and apps...dos games are a no no in xp....some games if you use to the compatiblity wizard to run them in the respective windows os they run find.....same for apps....

my advice..... am.......upgrade to xp pro if u are.....use the key generator and hack i posted in the verified section.....otherwise stick to 98se

i like xp.....no problems so far.....i guess once your pc can handle xp you should upgrade...i have a p4 2.0 and 256 ram and a 80 gig hd....so...upgrade only if your pc can support xp...it needes at least 128 mb of ram to run stablely(is that a word)

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    kooky_kramer's Avatar Poster
    the young ones in my family had trouble with their catz, dogz and babyz series under XP. Oneof my friends also claims problems with Age of Emps 2 (maybe microsoft upgraded protection with that) but other than that i havent had any trouble and all newer games will work. Pro i better than home.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    actually you can use any kin of programs on xp there is a uttilite in the help system that will convert files for you just tall it what os it is supposed to be used in

tip: watch tech tv

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by Soul814+2 April 2003 - 19:12--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Soul814 @ 2 April 2003 - 19:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>i know that xp doesnt allow chrome and neogeo doesnt work on it[/b]

Chrome and neogeo? What are they? I never heard of them.

<!--QuoteBegin--Schuler
    @2 April 2003 - 19:15
    Give us a list of programs or games that you want and we&#39;ll see if we know whether they&#39;re compatible or not.[/quote]
    My main concern is games like Half-Life, RTCW, Baldur&#39;s Gate 2, Tropico, GTA3, etc., etc. Also apps like Photoshop, TMPGenc, Virtualdub, Nero...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Compatibility List. You can check on software, hardware, games, etc that work/won&#39;t work under XP. Take a look, see what details are provided as well.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast