Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Browser Speed Comparisons

100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Quote Originally Posted by uNz[i]

.....when you can bend over and be raped by browser hijackers and malware much faster?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by uNz[i]

Yeah... Why use a secure browser when you can bend over and be raped by browser hijackers and malware much faster?
    And besides, what would over 24 million "fanboys" know?
    he's comparing firefox to opera not ie6, so firefox isn't actually any more secure.

Give opera a proper chance and you might not go back to firefox. There was a time a few years ago when opera and firefox were pretty much equal in terms of quality, but ever since then opera has been growing faster than firefox imo.

only downsides to opera are
    1) adware supported (unless you pay or crack it which is 30 seconds work) 2) also if you use the letter/search shortcuts in the addres bar (eg g for google) those are sent through a monitoring website which records the details, this behaviour can be changed by editing a text file (About 2 minutes work).
    3)comes cluttered with toolbars, just right click and delete, or for more options View->toolbars -> customise toolbars (out of the box its more customisable than firefox)

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Harsh!'s Avatar n00b

Cool

Well documented at neowin.net that IE6 is the faster browser between IE & Fx..
    Hell even Maxthon(based on IE6 seems to render faster than Fx)...
    Theres more people there who know a damn sight more about this sort of stuff than here in this forum , would be fair to say me thinks...
    Seems its kiddie night at FST..
    My shout for icecreams....

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    LilAznAccommodator's Avatar Celestial Seraph
    I have a question... I currently used FireFox(Tweaked 'aboud:config') and I think it is ok.. But I rather move onto Opera but the only thing holding me back is that Opera doens't Support Gmail... And unfortunatly I have a Gmail Account.. Is there like a 'program'tweak'configuration' for Opera that will allow me to bypass that and use Gmail on Opera? If so than I will not hesitate to make the switch to use Opera Permanantely.
    Credits to ChuNaku,Kazearashi,Kennethzzz,Kiyocchi,S4ku,Tanakachi and Tubster68:

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    uNz[i]'s Avatar Out of order
    Quote Originally Posted by ilw
    he's comparing firefox to opera not ie6, so firefox isn't actually any more secure.

Give opera a proper chance and you might not go back to firefox. There was a time a few years ago when opera and firefox were pretty much equal in terms of quality, but ever since then opera has been growing faster than firefox imo.

(...)
    No, the post I was responding to was about IE6.
    See?

We're all mature enough to decide what browser we want to use.
    Please respect other's right to choose what's right for them without resorting to name calling or telling people to "suck a dick". That sort of behaviour is what's truly childish, imo.

Posting that kind of thing is well below you, Harsh!
    Kiddy night yourself.

Oh, and I'll have a mint-choc cornetto, seeing as you offered.
    Last edited by uNz[i]; 02-13-2005 at 02:19 AM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    So is Opera really worth downloading?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by orcutt989
    So is Opera really worth downloading?
    try it and see if you like it.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by LilAznAccommodator
    I have a question... I currently used FireFox(Tweaked 'aboud:config') and I think it is ok.. But I rather move onto Opera but the only thing holding me back is that Opera doens't Support Gmail... And unfortunatly I have a Gmail Account.. Is there like a 'program'tweak'configuration' for Opera that will allow me to bypass that and use Gmail on Opera? If so than I will not hesitate to make the switch to use Opera Permanantely.
    latest beta does work with gmail, betas are available through the opera forums and are usually pretty good (ie stable)
    http://my.opera.com/forums/

@Unz: sorry, I assumed you were referring to opera because Harsh was advocating that as the alternative to FFox

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    LilAznAccommodator's Avatar Celestial Seraph
    Quote Originally Posted by ilw
    latest beta does work with gmail, betas are available through the opera forums and are usually pretty good (ie stable)
    http://my.opera.com/forums/

@Unz: sorry, I assumed you were referring to opera because Harsh was advocating that as the alternative to FFox

Oh okay, thanks for the information I guess I'll make the switch permanantely.
    Credits to ChuNaku,Kazearashi,Kennethzzz,Kiyocchi,S4ku,Tanakachi and Tubster68:

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Firefox is open source. It might not be the fastest or anything, but the fact that it's not as commercial as the rest is a damned fine reason to support it.

IMO, ie isn't good, "the internet is built around ie"? Bunkum! You might just as well argue that the internet is built around UNIX derivatives, just look at all the linux servers out there hosting the sites you use ie to access.

It might be the most common browser, but that doesn't mean that it's the best interface we can use.

IE might be faster than FF "straight outta the box", but that doesn't really mean anything, ff is the most customizable browser I've ever tried, with like a zillion plugins, you can't really do much with ie except try and make it less of a security risk, and maybe install some toolbar. As far as I can tell FF is just as fast with a bit of tweaking, and a hell of a lot more secure.

For that matter Maxthon "even maxthon" is a better browser than ie, since it comes with the tabbed browsing, and since it has a better form of adblocking IMO. Not to mention the fact that it doesn't have as many users and thus isn't as likely to be subjected to tailormade virii the way IE constantly is.

Opera is good too, as the speed is good from the get-go, which I guess is good for those who can't figure out how to make FF fast enough. And it offers, like maxthon and ff, tabbed browsing, which is a great invention and which I won't surf without.

IE is one of the last browsers I would ever use, hell, I'll even rather go with konqueror or safari, and I flukking hate surfing with those.
    Last edited by Snee; 02-14-2005 at 01:10 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast