Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Get a Life?

Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    I know he hit his head when he fell.

It was after a made basket. He was walking backwards and his eyes rolled up and he fell straight backwards and hit head in the back.

I don't think it was a heart thing because

he was out of it before he hit the floor
    he had a pulse even after he seemed somewhat brain dead.

It's weird because he moved a little and was noticebly breathing but after he let out a moaning sound he didn't move again.

I'm angry because in hindsight I wish I had given CPR or even wished there was one of those defibillators where the machine does all the work.

I will sure make sure they get one now.

This is actually the second time a friend of mine had this problem. The other got up after 15 min. He woke up vomitting.
    Sounds like an epidural hematoma.

Classically they hit their heads and are knocked out but quickly recover conciousness. Then, just minutes later, they collapse and die. Happened to a friend of mine who was biking with his dad. Dad fell of the bike and hit his head, woke up, got on the bike, then dropped over dead.

What happens is that the head hits the floor and breaks a blood vessel in the brain.

He probably broke his skull which lacerated a blood vessel. The bleeding vessel compressed the brain and the brainstem. Once compressed, the breathing center in the brainstem was shut down.

Sounds like a classic epidural hematoma. Nobody could have done anything. CPR would have been useless.

Sorry man, it was just shit happening.

2. Lounge   -   #72
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    and i suppose all your insults have been top of the range?

youve been whinging and crying about everything and every post

maybe karma is giving u an actual reason to cry now...

3. Lounge   -   #73
    Scribblec,

I gave you a golden opportunity to salvage yourself, don't fuck it up. Be a man, not a child.

4. Lounge   -   #74
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    Sounds like an epidural hematoma.

Classically they hit their heads and are knocked out but quickly recover conciousness. Then, just minutes later, they collapse and die. Happened to a friend of mine who was biking with his dad. Dad fell of the bike and hit his head, woke up, got on the bike, then dropped over dead.

What happens is that the head hits the floor and breaks a blood vessel in the brain.

He probably broke his skull which lacerated a blood vessel. The bleeding vessel compressed the brain and the brainstem. Once compressed, the breathing center in the brainstem was shut down.

Sounds like a classic epidural hematoma. Nobody could have done anything. CPR would have been useless.

Sorry man, it was just shit happening.
    Good explanation but...

He lost consciosness before he hit the floor.

I saw him.

His eyes rolled up before falling he was just back pedaling and he didn't trip.

It's like he switched off and then fell.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Lounge   -   #75
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    Scribblec,

I gave you a golden opportunity to salvage yourself, don't fuck it up. Be a man, not a child.
    im in between even though others might not think so

6. Lounge   -   #76
    Good explanation but...

He lost consciosness before he hit the floor.

I saw him.

His eyes rolled up before falling he was just back pedaling and he didn't trip.

It's like he switched off and then fell.

Good point, I was wondering if I misread that last post. Looks like I did.

The scenario just screams of "nothing anyone could do", I just wish I could give you the exact cause, there is a certain closure in that.

Maybe he had an anuerysm in the brain. Remember Laura Branigan just died of one at a young age. Pretty common in people with kidney disease.
    Last edited by hobbes; 02-13-2005 at 11:56 PM.

7. Lounge   -   #77
    Quote Originally Posted by scribblec
    im in between even though others might not think so
    No, you were a complete ass and you now need and have the ability to apologise for your posts.

You don't even have to like Busyman, but you should acknowledge that his situation supercedes any person to person conflict.

There is no inbetween here.

8. Lounge   -   #78
    Poster
    I am so sorry this happened, Busyman. My thoughts are with you.

9. Lounge   -   #79
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Good point, I was wondering if I misread that last post. Looks like I did.

The scenario just screams of "nothing anyone could do", I just wish I could give you the exact cause, there is a certain closure in that.
    I'll find out in the coming days.

I won't dare ask his best friend or his family right now.

His best friend will probably call or come up to the gym to talk about it in due time.

It's pissing me off only because I'm used to someone doing something to get killed, not some crap like "he just dropped dead" and had no history.

I'll wait and see.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Lounge   -   #80
    It's pissing me off only because I'm used to someone doing something to get killed, not some crap like "he just dropped dead" and had no history.
    Ain't that the truth.
    Last edited by hobbes; 02-14-2005 at 12:00 AM.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast