Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: War Of The Worlds

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Tom Cruise, Steven Spielberg directs

Trailer

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/waroftheworlds/

Should be interesting...
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    I'm looking forward to this. Did the novel by HG Wells for English last year, one of my favourite sci-fi books.

Any word if the aliens will be hovering (like the previous film) or kick-ass tripods (like the book)?

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    I don't like the look of it myself. Bringing that story into the modern age is a mistake, they should've left it in Victorian England.

Or they could've just made the League of Extraordinary Gentleman 2 which is based on War of the Worlds, but since LXG1 sucked, that's not gonna happen either.
    We can't stop here... this is bat country

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee
    I don't like the look of it myself. Bringing that story into the modern age is a mistake, they should've left it in Victorian England.

Or they could've just made the League of Extraordinary Gentleman 2 which is based on War of the Worlds, but since LXG1 sucked, that's not gonna happen either.
    This is kind of sad but my essay I wrote abot WotW was about HG Wells' hatred of industrialization and how he took an almost perverse pleasure in writing about it being destroyed. So I look forward to the modern industrial world taking a beating to the alien invaders.

Just as long as we get tripods I'll be happy.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Poster
    Look behind you, you may not see me, but I am there
    Looks good, can't wait to watch it... I might read the book, we listenend it to in our social studies class... well only a small portion of it

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    yiny46's Avatar Mr. President
    We listened to it in social studies...My social studies teacher can be funny...but he can be the biggest DICK in the world
    Off the Wall Flash Productions 2006

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    War Of Teh Worlds was based in a town called Horsley i think (iv never read it) which is about 10min drive from me In Woking (A town also near me) they have a building called the HG Wells building and all around it then have massive (yes to scale) silver constructions of the aliens and so on.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese
    This is kind of sad but my essay I wrote abot WotW was about HG Wells' hatred of industrialization and how he took an almost perverse pleasure in writing about it being destroyed. So I look forward to the modern industrial world taking a beating to the alien invaders.

Just as long as we get tripods I'll be happy.
    I don't think Speilberg'll go into that much depth. I'm thinking we'll just be getting a rehashed version of Independence Day with liberal dashings of American patriotism colouring the story.

I'm sure the tripods'll be cool though.
    Last edited by Emdee; 02-11-2005 at 07:32 PM.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    yiny46's Avatar Mr. President
    yes...and both the movies were based on a radio show that was aired in the time of WWI...and its scared everyone...everyone listening evacuated the city...they were scared to death...
    Off the Wall Flash Productions 2006

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    If anyone fancies having a read of the book, it's online for free here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast