Thread: Windows Movie Maker Problems!

Dannny's Avatar Hellos
    I'm having problems with Movie Maker, it keeps crashing.... it all works but just crashes after about 30 seconds when i load something etc.... So if anyone can give me any information on how to fix it etc, that would be great.

I do however have Adobe Premiere Pro, and it works... Except I don't use it because it dislikes AVI file types...(Maybe I don't fully know how to use everything on it yet too....meh). Anyhoo, i've looked round for some Converters, taking note that I want a free one, and theres only one free one which doesn't put, "Unregistered...." or something on the movie after its converted, plus this particular converter takes 7 hours on average to convert a clip and is often a bad quality afterwards.... So if anyone can also find a totally free AVI to MPG(or whatever) converter which doesn't add, "unregistered" to movies and (preferably) doesn't take 7 hours for a 20 minute AVI clip, and isn't bad quality afterwards, i'd be so greatful i'd give you a new shiny penny.... in a pretty box.... or you could just have the box if you prefer....
    Last edited by Dannny; 02-12-2005 at 02:15 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I remember this used to happen to me if i had the divx codec isntalled...or something like that.

Try reinstalling the codec, or uninstall it and install the klite codec pack (can be found here.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Retired
    Had this problem for a long long time.

it has todo with the Divx Anti-Freeze codec.

if you uninstall that, WMM will work again
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 02-12-2005 at 04:03 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    wasn't there a movie maker upgrade?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Dannny's Avatar Hellos
    Woo! i'd sorted it out after i saw you're post, IKE... But thanks to both of you!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by 15%
    wasn't there a movie maker upgrade?
    yes Windows Movie Maker 2, included in SP2
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 02-12-2005 at 04:35 PM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Ok try downgrading, and it wouldnt let me. Kept saying a newer version was installed, when i uninstalled it. So i tried finding the registry keys for wmp10 and it didnt help. So i reinstalled 10 and now i have a new error. It says "Can not Create DirectShow Player." I dont know what the problem is, its not a big deal but its just a bother.