Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Star Wars KOTOR 2: Tech Help

can some one help me install this game? i have no install log though i have all the cd's on pc and is it a problem if all the files are same sized on each cd can someone help me plz

2. Games   -   #22
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    ummm whats yoru problem instaling??

where did you dl it from no they shouldn't be all the same size

3. Games   -   #23
    i got it off the piret bay bit torrent site, any clue where i can get a workn version?

4. Games   -   #24
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Torrentspy.com

5. Games   -   #25
    Hey, I'm sorry if I'm reviving a dead topic, but I've got a question.

I got this game from thepiratebay, and installed it without problem (except a minor mixup with my virtual drives, but that was quickly resolved.) However, now the game won't run. I can get the prompt screen with "game," "update," etc, but when I try to start the game, it says "wrong disc inserted." I don't seem to be able to run it off my virtual drives, and since disc 1 appeared to be the play disc (as it was asked for during installation,) I tried using that, to no avail. I even burned my image of disc 1, and tried to run it from C drive, but no dice. Looking through my folders, there's no crack file that I can see, and the .nfo says only "copy /crack" over. Am I missing an important file if all I have is the .### files, the .SFVs, the .NFOs, and the .RAR archives?

6. Games   -   #26
    EDIT: nevermind, i just needed to use winRar.

I'm rather new to this sort of thing, but I have the same version that you guys seem to have installed successfully and I'm not sure how to do it.

The only directions included say "copy/crack over". I'm confused.

I've used .bin files before to make copies of CD's but this seems to be a different kind of thing. There are folders labeled "CD1, CD2" etc. and they contain a strange files. There are files called things like "kotr2a.001" and one "kotr2.sfa" file. Should I just burn these files directly onto a CD or is there something else I need to do?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Last edited by oblivshaen; 02-25-2005 at 11:09 PM.

7. Games   -   #27
    oops, accidentally made a 2nd post.
    Last edited by oblivshaen; 02-25-2005 at 11:10 PM.

8. Games   -   #28
    maggotX
    Heya. Im haveing the same problem as oblivshaen, well sorta im all installed here but I cant work out how to run it, im getting the wrong disk error, and i cant find the crack.. somone take pity on a newb? PS I looked around for ever for a no cd crack but nothing substantial.

9. Games   -   #29
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    let me just say WORST ending ever!!!!!

10. Games   -   #30
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by orcutt989
    Does anyone else have this black screen problem for kotor2?

And why cant you just keep the refresh rate below 75hz?

EDIT: I just read at the Obsidian KOTOR2 Tech Help forums that this game doesnt work with ATI cards yet. I also read that the music is rendered at 48kb/s... Way to cheap us out Lucas. Let's not make a 5th Cd, let's just make all the music sound like shit. Hopefully a patch will come out for the ATI bug.
    I download kotor 2 from ET the other day. And once i tried starting the game, i got the black screen, and i got the "send error report window". I downloaded kotor 1 and i had the exact same problem, so then i changed the referesh rate to 75, so then after creating a character and try to start the game, i get the black screen error again...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123