Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars KOTOR 2: Tech Help

orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Alright so I downloaded the MisterX and MisterY KOTOR 2 yesterday, and installed it this morning. Everything was going well, until after I created my character, and it played the opening movie of the burning ship hurdling through an asteriod field. The screen just goes black, as if to load another movie or something, but it just stays black. I thought it had something to do with the graphics, so I turned aliasing off, but to no avail. The game just stops responding, and I am forced to end the KOTOR2 task. My specs are P4 2.99 Ghz, 512 Ram, Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2, Ati X300 128mb Pci Express.

Can anyone help me out?
    Last edited by orcutt989; 02-12-2005 at 05:34 PM.

2. Games   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by orcutt989
    Alright so I downloaded the MisterX and MisterY KOTOR 2 yesterday, and installed it this morning. Everything was going well, until after I created my character, and it played the opening movie of the burning ship hurdling through an asteriod field. The screen just goes black, as if to load another movie or something, but it just stays black. I thought it had something to do with the graphics, so I turned aliasing off, but to no avail. The game just stops responding, and I am forced to end the KOTOR2 task. My specs are P4 2.99 Ghz, 512 Ram, Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2, Ati X300 128mb Pci Express.

Can anyone help me out?

What drivers are you using (graphics)? Have you tried changing the graphics settings and resolution. BTW MisterX and MisterY did not release this, its a no group release and the MisterX and MisterY part you see at the bottem of the NFO is part of a FTP site script. The files were downloaded from the FTP topsite run by MisterX and MisterY.

EDIT: And a Pentium 4 2.99GHZ why would Intel make a 2.99 when they could push it 10Mhz faster and call it 3Ghz
    Last edited by Peerzy; 02-12-2005 at 09:11 PM.

3. Games   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    What drivers are you using (graphics)? Have you tried changing the graphics settings and resolution. BTW MisterX and MisterY did not release this, its a no group release and the MisterX and MisterY part you see at the bottem of the NFO is part of a FTP site script. The files were downloaded from the FTP topsite run by MisterX and MisterY.

EDIT: And a Pentium 4 2.99GHZ why would Intel make a 2.99 when they could push it 10Mhz faster and call it 3Ghz
    No Idea, I just know dxdiag, and the processor box says 2.99.

Thanks for your help peerzy, Ill try changing the resolution..

Okay changing resolution/graphics did nothing, just made the game look absolutely horrible. There's no way in hell im playing with 800x600 resolution. Problem not solved. KOTOR 1 worked fine for me before
    Last edited by orcutt989; 02-12-2005 at 10:55 PM.

4. Games   -   #4
    Guyver's Avatar FORUM STONER
    im having sum problems also, sometime wallsdisapear and when i put the refresh rate higher than 75 i get black screens and the game crashes..

i with the people from kotor1 stuck with this game...hopefully a patch or sumthin will come soon to fix my probs

Smith is a bag of douche,FACT.

5. Games   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyver
    im having sum problems also, sometime wallsdisapear and when i put the refresh rate higher than 75 i get black screens and the game crashes..

i with the people from kotor1 stuck with this game...hopefully a patch or sumthin will come soon to fix my probs
    Your problem could be, because you have aliasing turned on. Turn it off if you do.

6. Games   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by orcutt989
    Your problem could be, because you have aliasing turned on. Turn it off if you do.

everything werks fine when i have AA4x and AF4X... at 1024X768 resoltion at 75 hertz...But as soon as i move it up to 85Hzs it getts all fucked up..meh 75 is good enough..

my specs p4 2.4ghz,gig of ram, ati radeon 9600

7. Games   -   #7
    Does anyone else have this black screen problem for kotor2?

And why cant you just keep the refresh rate below 75hz?

EDIT: I just read at the Obsidian KOTOR2 Tech Help forums that this game doesnt work with ATI cards yet. I also read that the music is rendered at 48kb/s... Way to cheap us out Lucas. Let's not make a 5th Cd, let's just make all the music sound like shit. Hopefully a patch will come out for the ATI bug.
    Last edited by orcutt989; 02-13-2005 at 05:12 PM.

8. Games   -   #8
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    And thats y I love nVIDIA.

9. Games   -   #9
    I know someone who has an ATI 9200 and it works fine.

10. Games   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    I know someone who has an ATI 9200 and it works fine.
    KeyWord "Fine"...We Want it to work GR8!!
    and dammit ati...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast