Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IPod Battery

numba1xclusive's Avatar Xclusive Gangsta
    Does anyone here know anything about the rumors/stories of Ipod Batteries dying in a year?I'm tryin to figure out which player I should get.

Da Numba1Xclusive King

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Quote Originally Posted by numba1xclusive
    Does anyone here know anything about the rumors/stories of Ipod Batteries dying in a year?I'm tryin to figure out which player I should get.
    yep i have also heard abt that. Although I'm not certain, that batteries dies after only 1 yr. I think its more then a yr. and batteries cost $$$ alot!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Yup. I heard it was 18 months or something like that. The battery isn't user replacable.

There is a guy who made a video about his campaign advertising the lousy problem.

Edit: I found the link. http://www.ipodsdirtysecret.com/
    Last edited by Virtualbody1234; 02-14-2005 at 02:52 AM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    My friend asked me the sell his 19 month Ipod on ebay a month ago, i asked why he said that the battery lasted less than an hour on a full charge. He knew nothing about the rumers nor had i told him about them untill it happened to him. His was a 3rd gen ipod. He sold it on Ebay for £200 (thats incl P&P) and he brought the super Sony HD-W3

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    they changed the price of the battery replacement to about half of what it was (i think it's 50bucks now).
    It should last more than 1 year with normal use. If it dies it is user changeable, but pretty hard to do (the casing isn't meant to be oepned by the customer, but very possible) and teh abttery is still pretty expensive.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    so I went to apple.com, and a couple other sites. I realized that buying an extended warranty would do better than waiting for "Doomsday".Thanx for the help.

Da Numba1Xclusive King

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco_2004
    they changed the price of the battery replacement to about half of what it was (i think it's 50bucks now).
    It should last more than 1 year with normal use. If it dies it is user changeable, but pretty hard to do (the casing isn't meant to be oepned by the customer, but very possible) and teh abttery is still pretty expensive.
    Replaceable only by technically able people. And the price is higher from Apple.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    i thought they fixed this problem with the new ipods...
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by numba1xclusive
    so I went to apple.com, and a couple other sites. I realized that buying an extended warranty would do better than waiting for "Doomsday".Thanx for the help.

After all the complaints and everything i would check if that warrenty says anything about the battery.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    After all the complaints and everything i would check if that warrenty says anything about the battery.

Yea it covers it.. I got another question for u guys...in ur opinion, Ipod Vs. Creative Zen, which one is better and y?
    Last edited by numba1xclusive; 02-15-2005 at 02:18 AM.

Da Numba1Xclusive King

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast