Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: when we attach an image...

TheDave's Avatar n00b
    does it go up on randomimage.com or .us .whatever?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    When you send a 'pic' to these servers it is in the form of computer code. It is place in 'your' folder at that site a 'link' to that particular pic in your folder is then sent back to you.. When you want to see that 'pic' you access that code by using the 'link' that was sent to you. If you want anybody to see that pic then you put the link in your post.

There are no actual pics involved. It is all code. It is the same on the Forum database. There are no pics within the posts. Only links to those pics. When you make a post in this forum the post contains a link to your record which contains your sig, avator etc. It also contains links to any pics that you posted. If you were to access one of your posts in the Forum database all you would see were these links and any text that you typed. Unless the forum is encrypted then all you would see would be a 'jumble' of symbols etc.

Unless it has all changed since I studied it.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    is it on randomimage? yes or no?

4. Lounge   -   #4
    The Picture is not on 'Randomimage' only the information that will produce a picture on a computer. That is the information that is passed/transferred to your computer via the link. 'Randomimage' and all the other places like 'Uploadit' etc. Only store information for you, that information is available any time you require it. When you display relevant to that information there is no pic displayed on Randomimage.

I suppose a simple no would have done.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab
    When you send a 'pic' to these servers it is in the form of computer code. It is place in 'your' folder at that site a 'link' to that particular pic in your folder is then sent back to you.. When you want to see that 'pic' you access that code by using the 'link' that was sent to you. If you want anybody to see that pic then you put the link in your post.

There are no actual pics involved. It is all code. It is the same on the Forum database. There are no pics within the posts. Only links to those pics. When you make a post in this forum the post contains a link to your record which contains your sig, avator etc. It also contains links to any pics that you posted. If you were to access one of your posts in the Forum database all you would see were these links and any text that you typed. Unless the forum is encrypted then all you would see would be a 'jumble' of symbols etc.

Unless it has all changed since I studied it.
    It has changed for attached pics.

Ignorance of that fact is no excuse.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    do you mean attaching an image on this website it then shows up on randomimage.us?

7. Lounge   -   #7
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco_2004
    do you mean attaching an image on this website it then shows up on randomimage.us?
    Yeah, that's what he was asking.

I doubt it, personally.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    It has changed for attached pics.

Ignorance of that fact is no excuse.
    Please to be explaining attached pics. You are allowed to use technical jargon. Though that would be unhelpful to some.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab
    Please to be explaining attached pics. You are allowed to use technical jargon. Though that would be unhelpful to some.
    It gets uploaded to the same server that the board uses.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    It gets uploaded to the same server that the board uses.
    Thanks. It will still work on the same principle of indexing/linkage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast