Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: jose canseco's an assbag

  1. #1
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,616
    debate.....
    in an '03 interview he wouldnt admit anything....
    he just kept saying "read the book"
    in other words...."BUY my book"
    he's a j-bird trying to come out of the gutter, no more no less
    even though some good may come of his actions....
    baseball may finally crack down on steroids....
    he's still an assbag IMO
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

  2. Sports Club   -   #2
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    13,839
    He is an assbag but I think what he says is true about some of the other baseball players and MLB in general.

    Baseball has profited dearly from steroids...indirectly.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

    Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

  3. Sports Club   -   #3
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    He is an assbag but I think what he says is true about some of the other baseball players and MLB in general.

    Baseball has profited dearly from steroids...indirectly.
    yeah no doubt that some of players he named have done it, but...
    not 80% like he claims, last round of tests showed what? 5% dirty?
    there is no way that 75% of the league cleaned up for a test
    more would have been caught, i would almost garuntee it
    but say another 5% got clean for the tests, that only makes about 10%
    (yeah still an alarmingly high number IMO, but far from canseco's statement)

    adn if he wanted to make his claims more believable...
    he wouldnt have tried to sell a book behind his claims
    that shit is SOOOO cliche these days
    I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave.
    I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down.

  4. Sports Club   -   #4
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    13,839
    Quote Originally Posted by FKDUP74
    yeah no doubt that some of players he named have done it, but...
    not 80% like he claims, last round of tests showed what? 5% dirty?
    there is no way that 75% of the league cleaned up for a test
    more would have been caught, i would almost garuntee it
    but say another 5% got clean for the tests, that only makes about 10%
    (yeah still an alarmingly high number IMO, but far from canseco's statement)

    adn if he wanted to make his claims more believable...
    he wouldnt have tried to sell a book behind his claims
    that shit is SOOOO cliche these days
    Well he can't know it's 80% anyway.

    He just thinks steroids are as widespread as tobacco.

    I believe him to an extent. How did babseball get this all of a sudden "jump" in stats en masse. Baseball was going downhill and steroids helped bring it back.

    That much isn't pretty hard to figure out.

    Barry Bonds is a notable exception. He was putting up the numbers before his home run record.
    Last edited by Busyman; 02-16-2005 at 01:53 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

    Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

  5. Sports Club   -   #5
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    Steroids should have been banned long ago, and any verifiably tainted records should be expunged.

    Canseco is an assbag, as you say; so much so that I feel, even if he's not lying, he is wrong merely for opening up his big, fat mouth.

    Truth or not, his allegations are beside the point; his credibility left him long ago,
    and such people should somehow be legally estopped from ever commenting on any subject for publication.

    He should be allowed to speak only from the sanctuary afforded by his favorite barstool.

    I do not care for Jose Canseco.
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  6. Sports Club   -   #6
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    13,839
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Steroids should have been banned long ago, and any verifiably tainted records should be expunged.

    Canseco is an assbag, as you say; so much so that I feel, even if he's not lying, he is wrong merely for opening up his big, fat mouth.

    Truth or not, his allegations are beside the point; his credibility left him long ago,
    and such people should somehow be legally estopped from ever commenting on any subject for publication.

    He should be allowed to speak only from the sanctuary afforded by his favorite barstool.

    I do not care for Jose Canseco.
    Me either but...

    What he says can't be ignored just like Bonds and Balco aren't ignored.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

    Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

  7. Sports Club   -   #7
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Me either but...

    What he says can't be ignored just like Bonds and Balco aren't ignored.
    Quite right, though I assume I am safe in ignoring the frothings of baseball's own village idiot?

    Others may do as they like with such "evidence" as he purports to have witnessed, as long as I can blow a few nice raspberries from the peanut gallery.

    BTW-

    I find I can still enjoy watching a game of baseball without paying attention to names or teams; in fact, I may enjoy it more these days, as I am once again watching technique, mechanics and strategy, as I did in my playing and coaching days.

    College ball doesn't get enough TV coverage, I don't think.
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  8. Sports Club   -   #8
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    Age
    43
    Posts
    3,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Well he can't know it's 80% anyway.

    He just thinks steroids are as widespread as tobacco.

    I believe him to an extent. How did babseball get this all of a sudden "jump" in stats en masse. Baseball was going downhill and steroids helped bring it back.

    That much isn't pretty hard to figure out.

    Barry Bonds is a notable exception. He was putting up the numbers before his home run record.
    This is somewhat a bother for me. if you check the statistics, Bonds was a 30 a year homerun hitter in what should have been his prime, with age, he seems to have got stronger. McGwire hit 49 homeruns his rookie season, which has always made me believe Big Macs record was legit. With Conseco's book release, I now find out even he might have been juiced. This is truly sad for me, I may never again watch a proffesional baseball game.
    I'll say it again, in light of Pete Rose, and Shoeless Joe Jackson, these players should be banned, and their records tossed out, if it is proven they were using steroids.

  9. Sports Club   -   #9
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    13,839
    Quote Originally Posted by RPerry
    This is somewhat a bother for me. if you check the statistics, Bonds was a 30 a year homerun hitter in what should have been his prime, with age, he seems to have got stronger. McGwire hit 49 homeruns his rookie season, which has always made me believe Big Macs record was legit. With Conseco's book release, I now find out even he might have been juiced. This is truly sad for me, I may never again watch a proffesional baseball game.
    I'll say it again, in light of Pete Rose, and Shoeless Joe Jackson, these players should be banned, and their records tossed out, if it is proven they were using steroids.
    I never bought that Mark McGwire only used androstendione.. fuck it...andro.

    Bonds would be crazy to be on steroids now...yet he still kicks ass.

    Baseball is boring anyway. We just got a team, The Nationals, so I'm getting season tickets............to sell.

    I might go to 3 or 4 games to chill out but I'm bringin' my Aerobed.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

    Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

  10. Sports Club   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by FKDUP74
    there is no way that 75% of the league cleaned up for a test
    more would have been caught, i would almost garuntee it
    but say another 5% got clean for the tests, that only makes about 10%
    (yeah still an alarmingly high number IMO, but far from canseco's statement)
    well. don't the claims actually go that pro athletes are typically using "designer steroids" which are yet to be identified and classified as illegal drugs, as well as masking agents to confuse the tests? surely if a person is risking his major league baseball career on steroids, he's not going to use the old stuff that shows up easily in drug tests.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 02-16-2005 at 10:21 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •