Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: time to upgrade Again

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    hey guys..
    ok so am going to upgrade my system and i need some recommendation's.
    all below things should be latest models.
    1) a new CPU: whats the last pentium series rolling in market, all i know its PIV 3.X or i should wait for new series of intel prossesor if thier coming out any soon. and probably a new MOBO if my current doesnt support 3Ghz series(Gigabyte GA-8PE800), i bought it about a year ago and a label on the box says "supports PIV 3.X" but i doubt it if it can support 3.4 and above.
    2)a 100Gb above HDD: i heared westren digital is best among HDD's, RPM is importent, the one i got is 7200RPm(Maxtor).
    3)a New speaker System not much expensive as some of u may know am not much in Music's.
    4)A sensitve, wirless(not infrared mybe bluetooth if the device come with it) with rechargable battries
    Last edited by bawa@Klite_user; 02-18-2005 at 06:03 AM.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I suggest a 160 or 200 GB hd. They are the biggest you can get for the best price:size ratio (roughly 2 GB per US dollar).
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    suggest a name please, and the RPM speed.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I prefer WD. 7,200 RPM. I havent had any problems with Hitachi either.
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...145-062&depa=1
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...144-140&depa=1

Ive only had one Samsung but it lasted atleast 6 yrs through me and my brother.
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...152-014&depa=1
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    I think most people will recommend you Seagate. They have the longest warranty, 5 years, and are the quietest. I love my 160GB one.

I would go with an athlon 64 setup.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    hmm waranty is not a big deal, who needs a exchange after losing all of thier data
    i had seagate and it was quiet i dont know why some people recommended me maxtor and once i bought 2 of them, the last one(120Gb) makes sounds as hell and i think my poor windows proformence(exploring between folders) is becuz of it. some1 told me these sounds r normall cuz of capacity, were they right?

Benjamen button

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by bawa@Klite_user
    ... some1 told me these sounds r normall cuz of capacity, were they right?
    No. I have a 160 GB Seagate and it's quiet.

I too recommend you look into Athlon 64.

Btw. What is your budget and what will be the primarily use of the computer?
    Last edited by Virtualbody1234; 02-16-2005 at 02:09 PM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    lynx's Avatar .
    According to Gigabyte, the fastest chip your mobo supports is the P4-Northwood 3.06G (HT) with fastest FSB as 533MHz, so it certinaly won't support the latest Intel chips (not even Celeron D ).

Athlon 64 (socket 939) is the way to go, especially when the recent price cuts filter through.

Looks like the fastest P4 chip is currently the 3.8 GHz model 570J (Socket 775), but I bet that is VERY expensive.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by bawa@Klite_user
    hmm waranty is not a big deal, who needs a exchange after losing all of thier data
    ?
    Me. I lost all my data and the drive broke, leaving me £100 down and no computer

AMD64 bit all the way. It'll coswt you half as much as be the same power untill 64bit Windows comes out then you get something like a 23% proformance increase. Also whats your ram? 7200 is the fastest RPM you can get without cutting the size of your hard drive down alot. Clocker has a 36g 10,000RPM he was selling i think. There great for primary drives as they boot windows and explore folders ultra fast.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    hmm u got the point, i can use a small and Fast drive for OS and get a bigger size HDD for my files.
    now am confused

Benjamen button

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast