Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kid sues Kazaa, Sony over poor quality

Retired
    Kazaa and Sony music are once again embattled in a bitter lawsuit, only this time it's not against each other. A fourtenn year old unsatisfied with the quality of songs he downloads off Kazaa has launched a multi-million dollar class action suit against music giant Sony and filesharing company Kazaa. The plaintiff is seeking punitive damages due to poor quality of the mp3's he dowloads.

Snotty nosed brat Max Donelly claims "I downloaded a Korn song and the quality was horrible. This is bullshit man, my hoarse-throat grandmother playing the accordian screaming at the top of her lungs sounds better than this, what the hell is up with that?"

The plaintiff is claiming punitive damages and retribution for all the potential CD purchases that weren't made beacuse of Kazaa. Why Sony is included in this lawsuit remains unclear, but insiders believe Sony produces CD's which don't produce quality mp3 files.

Donelly claims that low recording levels on his latest download, Linkin Park's 'Crawling', is what made him decide to take action. "Look, I've got dial up internet and it takes me 30 minutes to download a song, so I expect quality when I open that file. That's 30 minutes of my life wasted on something that I can hardly hear. Sometimes the songs are even incomplete, and it pisses me off!"

Sony chief-of-staff Ron Donaldson says this lawsuit is 'absolutely ridiculous'. "This 12 year old punk has the nerve to not only steal our music, but then sue us because the quality isn't as good as the paid product. Unbelievable."

The Kazaa legal team has refused to comment on the issue, but analysts predict that with much of Kazaa's consumers shopping at I-Tunes, this lawsuit will probably break the filesharing giant.

Unemployed 38 year old Web jockey Rusty Roads hints that he too may join in on this lawsuit. "Kazaa hasn't done anything to ensure a quality product," Roads says from his parents basement in Wyoming, "A few times I downloaded what was supposed to be Megadeth songs but turned out to be viruses. You know how much quality downloading time I've lost fixing these viruses and deleting poor mp3 files?" Roads went on to say that Hollywood may be next if the quality movie downloads don't start shaping up.

There was a time when the music industry feared the digital music revolution would be the end of paid music for good. Who would have thought they were right?

OMG

http://www.thegreenrabbit.ca/content/view/152/50/

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I seriously hope that's satire IKE, but I've a feeling it isn't.

While it's great to see action against the music industry, this kid is missing some fecking common sense. Either that or a connection to reality.

The article got it right - He is a snotty-nosed brat
    Last edited by Illuminati; 02-17-2005 at 11:07 PM.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Well, take a look at the front page of that site....

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7

Okay, you caught me not following the link Was a little busy when I originally read it

EDIT: Still, you have to admit it isn't that impossible
    Last edited by Illuminati; 02-18-2005 at 12:50 AM.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    FFS...
    Last edited by RealitY; 02-21-2005 at 04:54 AM.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    i never understand americas rule, why the feck people sue each other in every corner for stupid matters. i guess money turst in america is more then any where.
    there was an episode of Seinfeld where kerimier sues coffy compeny for there tea being hot :wtf:, i didnt belive it but more and more i see these kinds of stupid lawsuits.
    next what, a kid sues mom for giving him/her birth?
    Last edited by bawa@Klite_user; 02-26-2005 at 01:16 PM.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    I think this is a great step toward legal-filesharing. In history there have been many outrageous attempts by individuals that eventually turned out good. This lawsuit might be so obscure, that he just might win. It makes me laugh everytime I think about it, haha!

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    WTF its illegal to be downloading music neway right...so how the F*** is he going to sue for downloading illegal stuff and it not being quality? And what does sony have to with any of this???
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Don't you people realize that it's a joke? Look at the site!

Bawa: WTF is your problem? Seinfeld is a TV show, as in, made up. Since when does a sitcom represent how a society actually functions? Stop being do damned uptight and laugh a little.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    can anyone believe a picture like that?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast