Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Members I need your Help Please!

newcster68's Avatar Taxicab Co. Owner

Tongue

I NEED YOUR HELP DESPERATELY

Ok, please do not post any hateful responses to this as I am in desperate need of assistance from anyone that really has a giving heart.

Here is my situation and this is the God's honest truth, no lies, no bullcrap.

2 Days ago I was working at my job, which I do security at night time with my vehicle. 10 minutes before I was to leave the site and go home, my vehicle stopped running. I thought it might have been my battery so I walked up to the nearest gas station to ask for anyones help to jump start my vehicle. There was someone nice enough to do it for me.

The car started up and I left to only make it about a mile down the street to the nearest other station before my car went dead again. Luckily I was able to get someone to jump me again. At this point I am still about 8 miles from my home, so I put the pedal to the medal going down the highway. As I was driving as fast as I could, my headlights started to dim and all my warning lights on my dashboard came on.

I just made it to my exit when the car just went dead again. I pulled in off the exit which there was another station right there. I tried to get some help and thank god a police officer pulled up. I told him what had happened and he was nice enough to stay with me and charge my battery back up. He also told me that it wasnt my battery by my alternator that had gone bad and was not charging my battery. He then followed behind me all the way to my home.

There is a mechanic shop right around the block from my home so I decided to drop my vehicle off there so I could have a mechanic look at it later in the morning. At this time it was about 7am in the morning. I walked home from there and about 2 hours later I called the shop and told them what had happened and it they could look at my vehicle and find what was the problem. They said ok.

I waited that entire day and they did not even call me back. The next morning I walked back over and was furious and spoke with the mechanic and asked him why he did not even look at my car yet. He said they were busy. So, I asked him why he could not have at least called me to say, "we are busy". He then told me he would look at the vehicle today. He then asked me to fill out a paper with my name, info, etc..at the bottom of this contract it asked if I wanted them to call me before any work was started on the vehicle and I check it yes. I then left and went home.

Later that late afternoon they called me and said that my car was fixed and ready to be picked up and that I owed them $236 for the repairs and labor. I was seriously pissed off to no extent and asked them why they worked on my car before calling me for permission to do so. The mechanic replied that I said to him to fix my car and I told him that was a complete lie.

I told him that he would have to work some type of deal with me on the payment cause I didnt have the complete $236 but I did have half of that on my debit card. I told him I would give him my home address, drivers licence number, work number, my landlords number, just to show him that I wasnt trying to stiff him. The guy outright refused and said If I didnt pay him the money I would not get my vehicle until then.

I have tried all resources to come up with the rest of the cash to get my car back but cannot as I dont have any friends where I live. I have my brother but have not spoken with him in over 4 years and have no earthly idea where he lives. I even contacted my landlord to ask him if he could give me back some of my rent deposit so I can get my car and he said he could not help.

I then called the police and asked them what I could or they could do and explained how this mechanic did me wrong and will not give me my car back. They told me there is nothing they could do and it is a civil matter.

Because of this whole situation I have missed 2 days of work going on 3 and may lose my job. Your asking, well, why dont I catch a bus or cab to work? not that easy because my job intales using my vehicle, as I said I do mobile security. I dont know what to do or who to turn to for help as I cannot miss anymore days of work and my next paycheck I get will not be until the 25th of Feb..If I do not work the next 3 more days coming up I am seriously in trouble and also the mechanic will start charging me $30 a day for storage of my car on his lot.

I am sorry for such a long story and I am not as I repeat pulling anyones leg here but I am asking if at all possible if anyone can help me out by sending the least bit of money to my paypal account. I figure if I can at least get 20 ppl to help me out at $5 each that would be enough with the amount of cash I have now to pay this mechanic so I can get my car back and get back to work asap. Even if 30 ppl can help out that would be less than $5 per person. PLEASE! I NEED YOUR HELP DESPERATLEY!

The only thing I can offer you is free hosting space for your webpage or IPB board, etc. I will also give you any info on me u need, telephone number, picture, etc...that is how serious and honest I am and not some interent scammer. I do have some members on here that I think know me well enogh to vouch for me.

PLEASE..PLEASE HELP ME OUT! I promise on the 25th I will send u your money right back to you through paypal..I PROMISE.

Admins, please do not delete this as I am not trying to spam but needing help.

Thanks for your help if any...you can click on the paypl link below..I will track what is coming in and once I reach that $100 I will stop back in and say that I got enough money cause I dont want to take anymore from anyone that I dont deserve or need.

Thanks again for your time...

PLEASE IF YOU ARE GOING TO HELP OUT AND SEND ANY LITTLE AMOUNT..POST YOUR USERNAME ON THIS THREAD OR PM ME YOUR EMAIL ADDY SO I CAN REPAY YOU BACK ON THE 25TH OF FEB.

Newcster68
    aka Wayne N.

Last edited by newcster68; 02-18-2005 at 09:45 AM.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    sucks for you, try getting a loan or something

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmatter
    sucks for you, try getting a loan or something
    thanks for the vote of confidence but I have exausted all leads...

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    i take it you asked your boss, co-workers, parents, local clergy for help?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargas
    i take it you asked your boss, co-workers, parents, local clergy for help?
    went to boss,,said no..went over his head to corporate they said NO..no parents..mom passed away about 6 years ago..dad just past away 2 months ago..we dont have local clergy in my area.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    manker's Avatar effendi
    We get crisis loans from the benefits agency in the UK in dire circumstance. This situation would probably fit the bill for them to loan you the money since it's circa £65. Another option for people in the UK is to get free advice from the Citizens Advice Bureau, they would point an individual in the right direction.

Are there no facilities like that in the US? I simply can't believe that there are not.

Sorry to hear about your situation but you live in a country where options and safety nets are surely in place, you just need to find them.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Sell your computer.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Sell your computer and disconnect your internet connection. The monthly charge should have been saved up as a safety fund for problems like this. In fact you should really think about saving even more money for emergencies. Surely there are other things that you spend money on that aren't needed (cigarettes, drink etc). Just think if something really bad had happened like the whole car dies or you get sick or injured.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Get over to the court today and file a small claims suit. Tell the guy you have filed a small claims suit. Did he give you a copy of what you signed, as he is supposed to. You did not authorize the work. In the paper work at the court, where it asks how much you are suing for, put $5,000.00, as that is the maximum for small claims. Let him know he will be sued for the charges on the car, lost wages..even if you lose the job..compensation.
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    can't you use a credit card to pay the rest of the balance?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast