Thread: Burning My 1st Vcd.

Right here goes

Ive managed to encode it fine using TMPGEenc+ from a .avi to a mpeg,no problem

BUT when i try to burn it with Nero making sure i select video cd etc it does burn it but theres no VIDEO CD when i check it out on my pc

So in short im trying to say that when i insert the cd and try to open it with PowerDvD etc ( it should play, right?) but it does'nt
    This is whats coming up for my cd in FOLDERS:CDI EXT MPEGAV SEGMENT VCD(subfolder contains ENTRIES,INFO LOTM,PSD haven't a clue.

Oh b4 you say check vcd help out and others,i have thats how i got this far in the 1st place!!

Dont know if this will help or not but here's a pic, it's showing info for the CD im trying to burn.

Hope someone can help
    PIC HERE>>> VcD Trouble

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Anyone? :'(

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    Originally posted by bronco@3 April 2003 - 08:32
    Right here goes

Ive managed to encode it fine using TMPGEenc+ from a .avi to a mpeg,no problem

BUT when i try to burn it with Nero making sure i select video cd etc it does burn it but theres no VIDEO CD when i check it out on my pc

So in short im trying to say that when i insert the cd and try to open it with PowerDvD etc ( it should play, right?) but it does'nt
    This is whats coming up for my cd in FOLDERS:CDI EXT MPEGAV SEGMENT VCD(subfolder contains ENTRIES,INFO LOTM,PSD haven't a clue.

Oh b4 you say check vcd help out and others,i have thats how i got this far in the 1st place!!

Dont know if this will help or not but here's a pic, it's showing info for the CD im trying to burn.

Hope someone can help
    PIC HERE>>> VcD Trouble
    A good percentage of us movieworld buffs will not touch VCD's with a ten foot pole. VCD's are a lot of work for lower Quality video playback, most of us use video cards with TV out, same excellent Quality avi files can then be played on your TV. VCD's are taking a next generation encoded movie and encoding them backwards to an older codec which results in lower Quality. However there are avid VCD and SVCD users here as well, just fewer, I cannot tell you why they have not helped you. I bypassed the whole VCD method, went from avi's through a "TV out" to my TV, and now have a DVD burner.

Come on guys, if you can help him, please do so.

I do however suggest a Video card with TV options.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Originally posted by ShareDaddy@3 April 2003 - 17:06

A good percentage of us movieworld buffs will not touch VCD's with a ten foot pole. VCD's are a lot of work for lower Quality video playback, most of us use video cards with TV out, same excellent Quality avi files can then be played on your TV. VCD's are taking a next generation encoded movie and encoding them backwards to an older codec which results in lower Quality. However there are avid VCD and SVCD users here as well, just fewer, I cannot tell you why they have not helped you. I bypassed the whole VCD method, went from avi's through a "TV out" to my TV, and now have a DVD burner.

Come on guys, if you can help him, please do so.

I do however suggest a Video card with TV options.
    Thanks ShareDaddy i agree with what you say 100% but thing is its for somebody else with a standalone dvd player,im happy viewing off my pc less bother

Didnt think it would be that hard to do tbh.

Thanks for the reply m8 come on where the rest of you so called experts,btw i have a burnt a cd with these folders on it:CDI,EXT,MPEGAV,SEGMENT, VCD(this doesnt do anything)

All contain subfolders.

Would this cd play in a standalone dvd player??

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    BANNED
    the easist way would b to open the folder mpegav and there wil b a dat file copy/paste to ur h/d and change the extension to .mpg
    if it play's the movies it just means nero's vcd setting a set wrong!

double check the settings in nero like mod2/xa
    good luck

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Good news at last.
    Since the forums been down ive had time to check out the cd that contains the mpegav folder.
    Glad to report it plays

Sorted now all i need to do now is set up Nero properly like CosmoK says.

Thanks ppl