Thread: ed2k - Howl's Moving Castle (eng subbed)

Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    Studio Ghibli
    Director: Hayao Miyazaki

Plot Summary:
    A plain young hatter named Sophie has her life changed when an evil witch transforms her into an old woman. Unable to face her face her family in such a condition, Sophie runs away in search of a way to become young again. Along the way, Sophie helps a turnip headed scarecrow, who repays her by leading her to the moving castle owned by the dreaded wizard Howl. There she befriends Howl's apprentice Marker, Howl's fire demon Calucifer, and eventually, Howl himself. Sophie then becomes the castle's cleaning lady in an effort to not only find the solution to her problem but to save Howl from his own terrible secrets as well.
    Sophie Hatter, the eldest of three, is apprenticed to make hats for the people of Ingary, a place where spells, magic cloaks, and seven-league boots exist. She and all the young girls are warned to stay inside or be taken by Howl, the evil wizard whose black castle can be seen moving through the hills. After an encounter with a witch and with a spell cast on her to make her an old woman, Sophie goes to seek adventure. She heads towards Howl's moving castle where she will encounter things she had never imagined.

Howl's Moving Castle, 2004 Svcdrip Xvid.avi
    english subs:
    Howl's Moving Castle, 2004 Svcdrip Xvid.srt

CAM-TS (good quality)
    video: DivX 5.0
    audio: MPEG-3
    res: 544 x 272
    running time: 1 hour 58 minutes
    http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0347149/
    Last edited by Vargas; 04-26-2005 at 05:29 PM.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    great movie!

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Yeah, Hayao Miyazaki also directed "Lupin III", "Nausicaä of the Valley of the Winds", "Castle in the Sky", "My Neighbor Totoro", "Kiki's Delivery Service", "Princess Mononoke", all very good.
    click here for even more films http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/films/

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Goes Rawr!
    HOw's the quality of this thing? in sync? Widescreen?

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    there might be better versions by now, but i thought the qualty was very good
    and res: 544 x 272 <= i forget but i think that qualfies as wide

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    I great movie, but never reaches the quality of his other greats, like Mononoke!

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    n00b
    I really want to see this movie. I've only watched Princess Mononoke, Grave of the Fireflies and Spirited Away so far but they were all superb in different ways.

I downloaded this film and then converted it to mpeg because that's the only way it plays on the TV. The problem I have, though, is that once I did this, I lost the audio and I haven't been able to retrieve it through using TMPGEnc and stripping out the file. Does anyone have or know where I can get hold of a separate audio stream that I can mix in with my copy?

I can't face downloading it again.... .....my broadband connection is really slow and I need to use my bandwidth for other things. Can anyone help me?

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Goes Rawr!
    You could use Virtualdubmod and just extract the audio that way. Save as .wav if possible.
    Then mux them up again.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    n00b
    Ach! Sorry. I meant to say that I used VirtualDub to strip out the sound and it worked for about 3 seconds of the recording and then just cut out. I think I may well be stuffed here because I think the original file was a 600Mb avi which I then converted to mpeg. Do you think it's worth converting it back, perhaps? Perhaps not.....
    Still, I wondered if anyone had a wav file that they could send me. I figured that might work......