Thread: AOL Instant Messenger Volume

Bowen747x's Avatar Poster
    i was wondering if it is possible to turn down al of the aim sounds (doors opening/closing, IM beeps etc.) i dont want to turn the sounds OFF but i would like to be able to turn my music up and not having crashing background sounds of doors.

also, i am running the latest version of aim and i get an error with the sound options. where you go to change the sounds for IMs (what you hear form people sending and what you hear for recieving) your allowed to shut the off or have them play just once and i would perfer them to play just once, but neither options work. either way i put it, i get the same sounds.

tia

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Expire's Avatar Problem solved...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowen747x
    i was wondering if it is possible to turn down al of the aim sounds (doors opening/closing, IM beeps etc.) i dont want to turn the sounds OFF but i would like to be able to turn my music up and not having crashing background sounds of doors.

also, i am running the latest version of aim and i get an error with the sound options. where you go to change the sounds for IMs (what you hear form people sending and what you hear for recieving) your allowed to shut the off or have them play just once and i would perfer them to play just once, but neither options work. either way i put it, i get the same sounds.

tia
    Do u actually use the aol browser?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    He said AIM, so I would assume he is using the program, AIM. You could go and edit the sound files, by turning down the volume. Otherwise, I would suggest reinstalling the program for your error that you are getting.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Bowen747x's Avatar Poster
    yes its AIM not AOL

i have tried reinstalling it, strangely i still get the error

how would i change the sound files?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowen747x
    yes its AIM not AOL

i have tried reinstalling it, strangely i still get the error

how would i change the sound files?

When you uninstalled it did you delete all the folders it used as well, if not that then chances are its a setting in your registry or a hidden folder with AIM settings.