Thread: (review) Alone in the Dark

100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝

Trailer : http://www.alone-in-the-dark.com/trailer.htm

To be honest that movie sucks - really, its extremely bad, no not even its so bad its good (no not even for a trash/scifi movie) - its simply terrible.

Positive - one part when they pull out Centipied controller bug from somebodies spine.

3dfx - over obviously fake-they need to go back to photoshop school level 1.
    story - cliche but i had hope in the begining that we would "finally " see all hell break loose - no siree - all you get is badly animated black lizards (see above). story has holes beyond belief - and all tension is totally predictable.
    Sound Score - sounds like he pulled out his fav albums - helped predict every move and the worst part was when they HAD to just put in the "sex" scene - out of nowhere - yossu under's "still waiting" - wtf?
    Actors -chick is dull, slater is ok but typical him, evil dude is pathetic immediately on the opening sequence.
    As for the opening sequence-where the text runs explaining the "history" - they really really should have hired a better voice

I'm sure you really want to watch it now - don't you?

and if you still don't believe me
    New York Times Review
    REVIEW SUMMARY
    Bad movies are a dime a dozen, but every so often, an out-and-out stinker like "Alone in the Dark" slinks into the marketplace. This horror film spun off from an old Atari video game is so inept on every level, you wonder why the distributor didn’t release it straight to video, or better yet, toss it directly into the trash. — Stephen Holden, The New York Times
    Last edited by 100%; 02-20-2005 at 03:47 PM.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    hippychick's Avatar Memo, what memo? BT Rep: +5
    I have to agree this movie sucked big time!!!
    I was a little confussed, the bad guy wanted to open the gates to let out evil. Yet he already had his mineoms (sp) by the caseloads.
    And what happened at the end, the movie said the city was evacuated yet they implied the evil took over and killed the ppl....
    bad, bad movie lol

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Quote Originally Posted by hippychick
    I was a little confussed, the bad guy wanted to open the gates to let out evil. Yet he already had his mineoms (sp) by the caseloads.
    And what happened at the end, the movie said the city was evacuated yet they implied the evil took over and killed the ppl....
    bad, bad movie lol
    Exactly

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    n18's Avatar Death God
    i wanna see it even more now! sounds awsome.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    lol same here. I also want to see it now...The chick isnt bad :S

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Sounds good. Can't wait to see this.