Thread: Bittorent

Wow just installed bittorrnet to check out what its like - started dowloading a file and after maybe a minute the download speed was around 200kb/s!!!
    I've gotten that kind of speed on kazaa before, but not on emule which i use so i don't get errors. Anyone know if bittorrent has error correction?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster
    it has. and it can resume downloads. but errors can happen, but it is very rare. i personally have never had an error in a download from BT. (but i have heard of others who have.)

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    have to say - BT is really good - been using it for 24hours - downloaded about 5GB (games) - only using it intermittantly. Only problem is finding pages with torrents.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    Yeah stoi finally sold me on it, though the best site apparently got hacked and it down, but it is pretty spiffy as a utility, only it seems best to work best if k-lite is turned off.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    imported_The__One
    Yeah, Bittorent is really fast, but it's only good for popular and recent files, wich a lot of ppl download, 'cause U can only downlaod off someone else if they leave the Bittorent window open.....so it's no good for old files.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Wow, was this thread made when BT just came out, or was this started when BT was starting to be used for "EVIL"?