Thread: PAL games? help

Surprised/Amazed

hey i was wondering if my ps2 with a no solder v5,6,7 chip would play PAL games or do they have to be ntsc???

2. Games   -   #2
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    You'll need a program called ps2_pal2ntsc_yfix (google it), it will convert the pal game to ntsc, so you can play it on you nstc ps2.

Also swap discs to make it boot.
    Last edited by asmithz; 02-23-2005 at 01:30 AM.

3. Games   -   #3

Angry

damn thanx but i got gameshark to make the chip work and i dont got any more money to spend after buying gt4 in 2 days!!!!!!!!!!

4. Games   -   #4
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    As long as you can boot burnt cds it will work.

5. Games   -   #5
    since most console games are originally designed for japan or usa (both are ntsc countries) and then converted for pal countries, SOME pal region ps2 games have an option built in to use their original ntsc display mode. this is basically provided as a courtesy to pal region users whose tvs also support ntsc, so they can play the game at a higher refresh rate (ntsc = 60hz, pal = 50hz). i dunno how common this is among pal ps2 games, but it is a nice option to have, i guess.

but yeah i think in general you would have to resort to patching, and at best it will fix the color and center the video image... but you will end up losing a little bit off the edges of the screen because pal has a slightly higher resolution than ntsc and ps2 patches can't do anything to change that. if you have an ntsc-only television, it really is preferable to stick to games that officially support ntsc.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 02-23-2005 at 06:17 AM.

6. Games   -   #6
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    100% of TVs these days play both PAL and NTSC

I really can't understand it its a pain in the ass PAL and NTSC for a start PAL is better quality picture.

and us PAL gamers which are 70% of the world only excluding Japan US and Canada either have to wait 1 extra month for a dam game to be converted (which gets delayed another month normally ) eg GT4 or releasing EPSN football the week the super bowl is on thats what??? 8 months old rosters the season is over!! OMG Ricky Williams is still on the rosters!! or they don't bother to release the game too us at all!! grrrrrrr

7. Games   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Adster
    100% of TVs these days play both PAL and NTSC

I really can't understand it its a pain in the ass PAL and NTSC for a start PAL is better quality picture.

and us PAL gamers which are 70% of the world only excluding Japan US and Canada either have to wait 1 extra month for a dam game to be converted (which gets delayed another month normally ) eg GT4 or releasing EPSN football the week the super bowl is on thats what??? 8 months old rosters the season is over!! OMG Ricky Williams is still on the rosters!! or they don't bother to release the game too us at all!! grrrrrrr
    Its delayed cause Japan and US are the top 2 selling countries.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

8. Games   -   #8
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    ummm the reason US and Japan ar the top sealing countries is ffs coz tis released first!!! and they get 100% of the god dam games do ESPN realize that Europe and Australia will not buy there game if its 8 months out of date from the time it was released in the US???

how are they ever going to find out what really would see more if they never do

BTW fuck off with the wink smiley I hate that smiley!!

9. Games   -   #9
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Pisses me off too.

Fuck it. I'm gonna climb Buckingham Palace or intrude parliament! :angryshakingfist:
    Last edited by Samurai; 02-24-2005 at 09:05 AM.

10. Games   -   #10
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    Pisses me off too.

Fuck it. I'm gonna climb Buckingham Palace or intrude parliament! :angryshakingfist:
    both have been done before :p