Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Charging for reformatt with pirate cd..

bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    What are you people talking about????!?!?!?!!? You say if you charge them for the putting windows on there thats bullshit but if you charge them for the work i do its ok..how could you install windows without doing work? You just expect me to pass out flyers and be like hey let me spend 2 hours of my time doing something for your computer at no charge...And yes peat moss, i always install antivirus with a 34 year subscription crack, spybot, adaware, nero, perfect disk, etc etc..

If I was to use a real windows copy for it...how would I do that? Would it cost them like 100 dollars for the software plus whatever i charge?
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    No one is trying to flame you. But its against the law. Your setting yourself up .
    No one wants to see you get in trouble . Make them buy their own copy , or I don't know ,buy a Corp version of Xp pro? Like I said, use a key generator and use different keys . Include the price of a install to off set your costs. I hate to hammer this Home again , but your talking about a business , your going to Piss someone off down the line . The work you'll be doing is your sweat and blood , the OS can be traced ? The difference ? My freinds of a friend hopefully won't "Rat" me out .

Edit: What I think you have planned is admirable ! Sure beats stealing or dealing drugs . What do you think is fair? Include the disk and charge for the work . I reread your post many times , I won't reply to this topic again , I understand your Quandry. Please check your " PM "
    Last edited by peat moss; 02-24-2005 at 02:28 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Make the customer sign a paper for you that states that the customer provides the software themself (even if they don't really) and you are just offering the service of installing it. If they don't sign then don't do it. Simple.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    Make the customer sign a paper for you that states that the customer provides the software themself (even if they don't really) and you are just offering the service of installing it. If they don't sign then don't do it. Simple.
    Good one VB ! Are you a lawyer? Hey wait a minuet I just posted again ! So....... sue me ! Mabye some of us were a little harsh on him ? Oh well even bad advice is better than no advice. Problem solved tho! Got to love this filesharing .

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    hmm vbs idea sounds good lol...what is a corp edition? like unlimited use?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    HCT's Avatar WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgfoxx
    hmm vbs idea sounds good lol...what is a corp edition? like unlimited use?
    it just a version that you dont have to registrate to get updates

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    well i never have to register nething and i get updates so i guess i have that..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123